Advice Request Is Kerish Doctor a Legitimate, Safe and Effective Product?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Is Kerish Doctor legitimate, safe and effective product?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hangtooth

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Dec 5, 2015
I have been googling for a few weeks and can't seem to find a consensus on this product: Kerish Doctor 2015 - PC Troubleshooting, Cleaning, Perfomance Optimization and Protection from Malware

On the negative side we have awards from only unknown shareware sites, anecdotal tales of it destroying their system and a simple lack of reviews for a product that has been around for a decade.

On the positive side, anecdotal tales of it making all their systems purr and existence on download.com and softpedia.com.

I like what this product says it does on paper, and the positive anecdotal evidence, but I can't find any conclusive evidence one way or the other on the legitimacy, safety, and/or actual effectiveness of the product.

I have separate options for Legitimate, Safe, Effective and None of the above.

You can vote for all of the given options, but if you pick 'None of the above', please do not check any of the other boxes, as they are mutually exclusive choices but I cannot keep you from doing so =)

Last edited:

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
The domain was created 2005 and from a little deeper search the software itself started to popup 2012. Odd that after so many years they can't even code there main url correct and get rid of " /en/index.php ". Hope there webmaster ain't the same guy that code there software. :D

Personal I always try to stay away from any site and there software when like in this example it's flashed with alot of awards but not 1 single direct url. It's IMO a very sad behavior against anyone that is perhaps interested and thinking about installing there product/s.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
This is a legitimate piece of software and is actually better than many.
Safe I did not vote because I have never really tried to restore from a back up
effective It does actually fix some errors and other maintenance performed by other programs such as CCleaner

However I personally do not find any use for these kind of cleaning suites,if you will,and stick with CCleaner.

S

Smith83

@Hangtooth Not necessarily aimed at you, just felt like making a quality post.... Back to the shadows I go.....
s2ninja.gif

You wanna optimize your computer do this:

Use Ccleaner & or Autoruns to disable useless startups and scheduled task -- All can go except antivirus, or anything you use frequent.
Clean up trash with one or all of these tools, you may have notice any symptoms, but these clean up heaps of crap.

Adware Cleaner

Adware Removal Tool
Junkware Removal Tool
Ultra Adware Killer
Zhp Cleaner

Give your machine a Pre-Defrag with this speedy tool.Then finish the defrag job with something more advanced, like this.
If you are on a desktop then clean the inside, and re-seat everything. Same applies to a laptop, clean and reseat.

Run a checkdisk on the machine with the following parameters.
Code:
 chkdsk /f /r
If you have more than one drive, specify the drive like so: Notice D: is the wild card, if your drive is m or x well you get the idea.
chkdsk D: /f /r

Finally here are a couple of safe tweaking programs that you can use.

Safe Tweak 1 Simple System Tweaker
Safe Tweak 2 Easy Service Optimizer

Make the most of your internet connection with this guide. Be safe on the internet, install items like U-Block Origin & Ghostery. Know about the issues of Social Meida, wanting to track your every move.

Keep your software up to date:

Option A: Qualys Browser Check.
Option B: Patch My PC.
Option C: Secpod.

You should also keep in mind to avoid shady sites.

Option A: Wot. Web Of Trust.
Option B: McAfee Site Adviser.
Option C: Bit Defender Stop Lite.

Staying in control with free white list applications like the ones below, can help and these two are really light on your system.

SecureAplus.
Voodoo Shield.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Although I remain open for Kerish Doctor to pass all three as legitimate, safe, & effective, I have yet to (at this time) test it personally. The fact it has been developed for so long a time, leans me toward the positive side of favor as well as positive comments posted here. So, rather than 'None of the above', my vote might have read more accurately:
  • Why not?o_O If CCleaner & Privazer were no longer available, I'd be searching for something that is "All of the above"!;) :D

Hangtooth

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Dec 5, 2015
All good advice @Smith83 . Generally I follow your excellent advice: I routinely weed out my startups, scheduled tasks and services with Winpatrol and Autoruns. I don't let anything non-essential run and any non-windows services that should be manual instead of automatic (I am looking at you, steam service, and at you, MBAM service when I just use you as a second opinion scanner) get changed to manual. I remove junk with Adwcleaner, Malwarebytes JRT, and a variety of second opinion scanners. I don't defrag as I run my system on a SSD, and my storage HDDs don't see much use. I chkdsk regularly, and even used to use sfc /scannow until Windows 10 rendered that useless (for now at least). For instance the Nov 15 update rendered two files as corrupt due to telemetry additions, not sure if that's fixed yet. Right now though, if you use Nvidia video drivers there's a conflict and sfc /scannow will replace the opencl.dll and you end up with unfixable corruption in the cache as well as screwing up your video driver. As it is I cannot use sfc /scannow after windows update gets at the system and/or nvidia drivers are installed. I love tweaking.com's repair and tweak tools, but after the sfc problems I am not touching them until the sfc problems are resolved. Tweaking.com recommends doing pre-scans before using their tools, including an sfc /scannow so I don't feel safe in using them until I can be sure I am corruption free. Thanks Microsoft ~

What I find most interesting about Kerish Doctor is the error repair tool and the real-time prevention of things that could lead to errors. I went through all the suggestions manually and they almost all seem to be things Ccleaner does routinely in a reg cleanup, plus a few tweaks that Ccleaner does not.

It would be nice if the error repair/prevention worked well enough that I could leave it running on my wife's machine, if nothing else to keep it running with less effort on my part.

I am probably hoping for too much from that part of Kerish, but I was really hoping it would be a tool folks who have a bunch of machines to keep running can let run and it will stave off some of the problems that come along from daily use.

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
In days of Olde, men of chivalry once sat about a table that was round.:rolleyes:
Now, as "Kings upon thrones" we sit (in our own respective castles & lands) & continue our quests wearing software armor upon our OS "steeds" whose lives, along with our own, we would gladly:eek: forefit:confused: if need be in order to save the Queen!;):D

Last edited:
L

LabZero

Kerish Doctor is legitimate and safe software, about its reliability I have tested it for a long time and I must say that I have not encountered any problem.
The antimalware module isn't very effective but that's a secondary issue.
Ability to clean unnecessary files, registry items, disabling unnecessary services, internet optimization etc using effective and reliable algorithms.
A routine check mistakenly deleted files and restores them automatically.

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Thanks for the replies, all! Just picked up a 2 yr license for Kerish Doctor. I got it pretty much for the repair/prevention module that seems pretty spiffy to me. Just wanted to make sure it wasn't 100% pure snake oil.
Glad you are all in, and it has the spiffy features you like!
Cats don't take well to "snake oil" either.;) :D

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Its a legitimate and flagged as safe to use according by numerous users around, the cleaning abilities and optimizations are within reliable and alternative to CCleaner's not so aggressive or Privazer.

The overall interface website may look likely from other suspicious rogue cleaners however which why investigation continues and found out its conclusion.

Popularity isn't a talk about but existed around the corner. I've never tested it considering that CCleaner for me is enough to my needs.

Behold Eck

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 22, 2014
I read through that thread too and the fact that the person pushing it hardest is now banned made me leery. I had just been about to buy a license, too. That thread is what made me start looking around for more opinions.

Any idea why they got banned ??

No need to be leery Hangtooth as I`ve been using it for over a year on all my machines with out a problem.

Kerish is very configurable which is handy as I like to leave the registry to good old Ccleaner. Even the anti malware component can swing into operation when you least expect it.(Like when I forget to turn it off when testing out av`s)

The software updater only alerts to the important stuff and doesn`t try to automatically update everything on your system.

I could live without it but I don`t want to.

Regards Eck:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.