Status
Not open for further replies.

Geri

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
May 26, 2014
Hello!

Today I ran a complete scan with Qihoo TS on my PC. When the scan has been completed, an upload page has been popped up, with 3 unknow file for analysis. The files are part of LastPass software. My question is: with uploading these files, will get Qihoo access to my passwords and usernames?

2UrpQBM.png

viktik

Level 25
Verified
Well-known
Sep 17, 2013
uploading those unknown files will not leak your username and password.

this is a feature by Qihoo TS which asks user permission for submission of unknown files detected by Qihoo in your computer.

These unknown files may be safe or may be malwares. So if you upload it then qihoo can run an analysis on these files to detect if it malicious or not. If found malicious then qihoo will update their cloud database and it may help in improving there cloud based QVM II AI engine.

Y

yigido

Just close these "collecting features" in the Antiviruses. It is useless and we all know what they collected when they leaked. Do not worry about your lastpass, it is encrypted. These files are not your passwords.

Reactions: Geri

cruelsister

Level 42
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 13, 2013
It amazes me that Qihoo is questioned when a file is uploaded for analysis when HitmanPro, which does the exact same thing never is (and ever try to view the Privacy Policy of HitmanPro?).

Geri

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
May 26, 2014
Yeah, that's why I was suspicious. Why do qihoo want to submit files from well know password manager extension? As Cruelsister mentions above, why do I have to manualy upload, why cannot be automated and silent the upload process? As average user, It confuses me sometimes :/

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
Yeah, that's why I was suspicious. Why do qihoo want to submit files from well know password manager extension? As Cruelsister mentions above, why do I have to manualy upload, why cannot be automated and silent the upload process? As average user, It confuses me sometimes :/

Files are not uploaded unless the user consent is given. Why do you want it the other way around, when that is supposed to be more privacy risky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.