Advice Request Is Reason Core Security DoA, No Response from Support?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I've been trying to contact Reason Core Security using their Contact form and Support ticket via Avantgate, but it's been a week and few days and haven't heard a word from them.

What should I do next?

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
They're still posting on their Facebook page, with the last post being just 5 hours ago.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wave and XhenEd

Maryna Gaidak

Level 1
Jan 29, 2017
hi Spawn! I'm a marketing manager for Reason Software, terribly apologize for a delay in support replies, we are currently actively working on new releases for our users. Please, forward your support question to our Facebook page messages and we will get back to you ASAP. We will need your account info such as: name, email address you used to register. Thank you and apologies again

have a good day!
Maryna Gaidak
Reason Software marketing manager

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
hi Spawn! I'm a marketing manager for Reason Software, terribly apologize for a delay in support replies, we are currently actively working on new releases for our users. Please, forward your support question to our Facebook page messages and we will get back to you ASAP. We will need your account info such as: name, email address you used to register. Thank you and apologies again

have a good day!
Maryna Gaidak
And you want him to put that on FB ?
Interesting.
Private or not FB keeps and logs that info.
As a security company I am very surprised your approach to support is FB of all platforms.

What happens to the vast many who are smart enough to protect their data and don't utilize FB, but use your software.
I honestly had no idea this was Reason Core's approach to a support platform. Wow

Last edited:

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011

have a good day!
Maryna Gaidak
Thanks for your response.

Are you trying to say, I created an Avantgate Account for no reason, because you have no one to monitor any Support questions or other requests, but can actively use Social Media?

Does RCS not have any Customer Support for the channels below?

Already contacted RCS using these channels:
support@reasoncoresecurity.com
support@avangate.com
As recommend from your Contact Us page: reasoncoresecurity.com/contact.aspx
NEED TECHNICAL SUPPORT?
For help with product downloads, installation, uninstallation, upgrades, malware removal and much more, please contact us at support@reasoncoresecurity.com, or visit our technical support page.

NEED SALES SUPPORT?
For help with purchases, licenses, subscriptions, billing, refunds, and much more, please contact us at support@reasoncoresecurity.com, or visit our sales support page.

REPORT A FALSE POSITIVE DETECTION
If you think Reason Core Security has incorrectly reported a file to be a threat, please report at our false positive detection page.

CONTACT US VIA PHONE
(888) 752-8660

CONTACT US VIA SNAIL MAIL
Reason Software Company
228 Park Ave S New York, NY 10003

There are no links on your RCS Avantgate or Support website to suggest contacting your team via Facebook. And I currently have no plans to create a Facebook account.

Maryna Gaidak

Level 1
Jan 29, 2017
Thanks for your response.

Are you trying to say, I created an Avantgate Account for no reason, because you have no one to monitor any Support questions or other requests, but can actively use Social Media?

Does RCS not have any Customer Support for the channels below?

Already contacted RCS using these channels:
support@reasoncoresecurity.com
support@avangate.com
As recommend from your Contact Us page: reasoncoresecurity.com/contact.aspx
NEED TECHNICAL SUPPORT?
For help with product downloads, installation, uninstallation, upgrades, malware removal and much more, please contact us at support@reasoncoresecurity.com, or visit our technical support page.

NEED SALES SUPPORT?
For help with purchases, licenses, subscriptions, billing, refunds, and much more, please contact us at support@reasoncoresecurity.com, or visit our sales support page.

REPORT A FALSE POSITIVE DETECTION
If you think Reason Core Security has incorrectly reported a file to be a threat, please report at our false positive detection page.

CONTACT US VIA PHONE
(888) 752-8660

CONTACT US VIA SNAIL MAIL
Reason Software Company
228 Park Ave S New York, NY 10003

There are no links on your RCS Avantgate or Support website to suggest contacting your team via Facebook. And I currently have no plans to create a Facebook account.

No :) exactly what I'm saying is that at this particular time this should be the most effective way and we are working on this inconvenience

Reactions: XhenEd

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
I have made this known in circles , and stopped promoting them.
Facebook is loving that arrangement, they get to keep and store all Reason Core Users
customer info.
How can a company specializing in Security over look something as painfully obvious as this?
I am stunned at Reason Core's lazy approach to a secure support platform. wow

Maryna Gaidak

Level 1
Jan 29, 2017
And you want him to put that on FB ?
Interesting.
Private or not FB keeps and logs that info.
As a security company I am very surprised your approach to support is FB of all platforms.

What happens to the vast many who are smart enough to protect their data and don't utilize FB, but use your software.
I honestly had no idea this was Reason Core's approach to a support platform. Wow

I am sure that if he is already registered in FB more problems couldnt possibly be created, lets be honest :)

Maryna Gaidak

Level 1
Jan 29, 2017
No comment, except it's not good, because if I understand correctly they are unmanned email accounts for show only.

of course not, we are a small company that is still growing and everything is very personal, and our social media manager is a very real person too, trust me we take this seriously and will do our best to help

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
of course not, we are a small company that is still growing and everything is very personal, and our social media manager is a very real person too, trust me we take this seriously and will do our best to help
We take security seriously here, I do not speak for the whole community, but we take security serious enough
to see the approach of utilizing FB as a support platform for the lax and lazy approach that it is.
I believed in and helped promote your software because it is good.
But see, no matter the scores, software is as only good as the people behind it ;)
If you don't mind me asking who was behind the decision to adopt a FB based support ?
Had I known this was Reason Core's approach I would have not promoted this software,
and steps are being taken as I type to correct my error.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wave
W

Wave

I am sure that if he is already registered in FB more problems couldnt possibly be created, lets be honest :)
Let's be honest :) I don't think you're getting it, whether you are working for a security company or not, try and listen and actually understand what is going on here before running the keyboard about your love for Facebook.

I will start by quoting this post:
Facebook is loving that arrangement, they get to keep and store all Reason Core Users
customer info.

Please read the above quote properly... Facebook can store the information transmitted over Facebook to your support team, which means they will have access to knowing the persons name, email address, location (IP address), and potentially other information too. Now why on earth would someone who does not like Facebook (nor trust them) want to share any information with them at all, period?

Now let's try read another quote... See, we're making progress, not far left!
And I currently have no plans to create a Facebook account.

Please read the above quote properly... Notice how the person who requires assistance does not have plans to create a Facebook account (whichever his reason may is not required, he doesn't have to create one if he doesn't want to).

That wasn't hard, was it?

Now as a "Marketing Manager" at the company you work for I would suggest you start by making sure that the e-mail address on your website which people are being directed to when needing support is checked soon, where the OP can have a response from your team. I feel a bit disappointed just by reading through this thread at your replies, very shocked... You have an e-mail address for support inquiries for a reason, so use it properly.

Honestly I think it's just laziness and very unprofessional.

Thanks.

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
thanks everyone for the comments, however, i'd like to make it clear that Facebook is not the platform for Reason Core Security's support, though you can always reach out there and get feedback.
To get support help contact us at support@reasoncoresecurity.com, or visit our support page Support - Reason Core Security.
And most importantly, @Spawn : your message to support has been answered.
thanks again everyone!
What about my Open Tickets I sent to your Support Email?

I have not received any response via email or below, as of this post.

Last activity by myself to bump ticket - Avangate Support Center
upload_2017-1-31_14-51-14.png

Status still pending - Avangate
upload_2017-1-31_14-52-9.png

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Took a week to get any reply, but I received a message from Avangate, on the 1st February. It reads:

Thank you for reaching Avangate.

[x] are approved directly by the software / service provider.

We have sent them a message informing them of your [x] and are currently awaiting their reply. We will notify you as soon as we receive any updates from them.

Depending on the internal policies of each software publisher and the cause of the [x], it may take some time to review the situation. Please allow up to 5 business days for a response from them or a resolution to the matter. Should you not receive any updates after 5 business days, please let us know so we can assess the situation and determine a final resolution for the case.

Best regards,

[x]

Customer Service Representative
Avangate Support

It's a waiting game.. their email sync issues should be fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.