Battle Is the Defender enough combined with Zemana or better something else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xsjx

Level 13
Verified
Feb 21, 2017
Simply wd is still really bad.
But you can make it work with Secureaplus+Avira browser safety + Zemana+ If soon Herdprotect.

But for the same price as zemana u can get a really good av ;P

Reactions: Handsome Recluse

In2an3_PpG

Level 18
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 15, 2016
As stated above, if you have good browsing habits and don't download everything in sight. Then you have plenty of security with just Defender + Zemana. Any suspicious files just upload to VirusTotal.

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
if you feel confident, you can use this combo. It's OK but you should be careful
however, if you are not confident, I think you should use another better, lighter AV such as avast or AVG with proper settings

I think WD is a bit overrated. It's not enough to protect average users/happy clickers/default-allow users. It's not the lightest AV, doesn't have the best detection rate, almost has no behavioral blocker. The good things are that it doesn't slow down boot time and doesn't damage the PC
in order to be safe with WD, users have to learn good habits and stay alerted most of the time. Experienced users may become happy clickers in some cases, nobody is sure 100% that they never become happy clickers when their moods are elevated
in this case, a better AV is more likely to save your day :)

anytime, everyone should learn a bit about safe habits

FrFc1908

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 28, 2016
if you are a brave man , than use defender. if you are a paranoid user than go for something more secure. if you like to venture out on discutable site and download sources pari defender up with zam and voodooshield , then you should be pretty ok.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I cant believe that the defender is bad the last test of AV-C and AV-Test demonstrate that.
I have an lifetime license for ZAM.
You answered your own question, Windows Defender is not for you.
If you cannot control your mouse clicks or practice safe browsing, then you have a lot of learning to do.

Please create your Security thread at Security Configuration Wizard

Thread Closed based on previous comments by OP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.