Is there a way to get just security updates in windows?

cyberfort

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
May 18, 2017
Is there a way to get just security updates in windows?
I don't want feature and other updates

Parsh

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Dec 27, 2016
You can use PortUp for selectively downloading and installing updates for Windows. Select only the updates that are described/labelled as security updates.
Updating_Windows_Os_Offline_6.png
I've been using it and it works just fine. If you want to try others, here's a list.
And yes, set your most used WiFi networks (primarily the current network) as 'metered connection' in Settings app, so that Windows Update won't auto-search and/or auto-download updates.

ElectricSheep

Level 14
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 31, 2014
You can use PortUp for selectively downloading and installing updates for Windows. Select only the updates that are described/labelled as security updates.
View attachment 152103
I've been using it and it works just fine. If you want to try others, here's a list.
And yes, set your most used WiFi networks (primarily the current network) as 'metered connection' in Settings app, so that Windows Update won't auto-search and/or auto-download updates.

Could be handy! If there's one thing I can't stand about updates, it's the ones that force you to restart while it dumps like several Gig worth of update for stuff you barely use and you're sitting there drumming your fingers (or hoof in my case:p) as you watch a spinning circle of dots for like 15-20 minutes...

Parsh

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Dec 27, 2016
Could be handy! If there's one thing I can't stand about updates, it's the ones that force you to restart while it dumps like several Gig worth of update for stuff you barely use and you're sitting there drumming your fingers (or hoof in my case:p) as you watch a spinning circle of dots for like 15-20 minutes...
Yeah, and it gets difficult to stand that o_O.
What's worse? The downloaded updates are corrupt (sometimes) or not completely downloaded due to X reason, and it will still reboot and try to install the updates and taking forever!

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.