Advice Request Is there any antivirus that is free based on artificial intelligence?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
Hi.
I would like to know if there is currently an artificial intelligence based antivirus on the market that is free for home use.
Thank you very much in advance.
Greetings.
If you consider Machine Learning (and other buzzword tech similar to this) as an AI, or at least part of AI, then there's Avast and almost all free AVs (I assume they're also using Machine Learning). I'm sure Avast Free uses Machine Learning.

VoodooShield is not considered an Antivirus, but it markets its VAi as an Artificial intelligence (w/ small letter "i"), specifically Machine Learning. You already get this with Its free version.

Zero Knowledge

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 2, 2016
There is never is going to be a free similar style Cylance app. Why would there ever be a free one? It takes millions of dollars to create machine learning algorithms and artificial intelligence security platforms. To create a Cylance style app you need to have serious venture capital funding and huge investment in research and development.

RejZoR

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 26, 2016
2016's buzzword was "VR", 2017's buzzword is apparently "artificial intelligence"...

There is no such thing as Ai. It's just machine learning and it has been used for quite some years. I think all AV's that are worth anything use it. I for a fact know avast!, AVIRA and Bitdefender do, but you can be assured most other major players do it as well.

Again, since I'm not aware of any other vendor presentig the tech so nicely, look at this:
Avast Technology

In an essence, it's not a sample by sample analysis anymore, all big companies use similarity based classification because there is just too many samples every day to do it the old fashioned way. If all the given characteristics place the given file within the region where known malware with similar characteristiucs is located in the learning system "map", then it flags them as malicious. If they are in the clean/safe region, they are not detected. Anything in the grey area is sent to further analysis either by more demanding systems or to human analysts who check the files manually and then make sure these files are placed into correct group in order to fine tune future classifications.

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
So Far, only DeepArmor.
Google "Spark Cognition" and signup for their Beta program ;)

There is never is going to be a free similar style Cylance app. Why would there ever be a free one? It takes millions of dollars to create machine learning algorithms and artificial intelligence security platforms. To create a Cylance style app you need to have serious venture capital funding and huge investment in research and development.
Wrong. DeepArmor is, and "so far" it's free ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

tim one

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Jul 31, 2014
Probably someone will not be agree with me but we are really far away from the real concept of artificial intelligence applied to a antivirus.
Let me say that "AI algorithms" sounds good in a marketing context.

Hi.
I would like to know if there is currently an artificial intelligence based antivirus on the market that is free for home use.
Thank you very much in advance.
Greetings.

A freeware "full feature enabled" Next-Gen Ai along the lines of Cylance (paid-only) - none available on the market.

I think that Ai is nothing but a marketing terminology gimmick.

All the major consumer antivirus vendors now use various variations of machine learning\cloud file analysis.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011

XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
I think that Ai is nothing but a marketing terminology gimmick.
I agree with this.

AV makers may believe that they're using AI by utilizing machine learning and other things, but I believe that their primary motivation is the marketing of potential customers.

Just imagine an AV having a JARVIS mind! How many would fall for this? Many. :D

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
I agree with this.

AV makers may believe that they're using AI by utilizing machine learning and other things, but I believe that their primary motivation is the marketing of potential customers.

Just imagine an AV having a JARVIS mind! How many would fall for this? Many. :D
Your right Ed, there are tons of fakes. DeepArmor is the only one that I have found to be decent
and worth my time. I think their beta is still ongoing.
I'm on DeepArmor36, and maybe a month ago we were told via Email a big update will be released soon.

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
I do not have a corporate email. Thank you very much for your reply. Greetings.
You don't need one unless they have changed it,
I am active with no corporate Email.
DA_SS.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.