Is there any Virtualization/Sandboxing app/rom for android?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abdallah

Level 1
Thread author
May 3, 2015
I mean from security and privacy perspective, it seems that black phone has this feature, and I don't know if any other app/custom ROM has this also

Any suggestions?

Winter Soldier

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 13, 2017
Android already uses a sandbox mechanism where the applications can use only the permissions that are strictly necessary to perform the operations for which they were designed, and only inside the protected environment.

Indeed, Android apps during the installation, will ask for permissions to access some of the device resources (the call list, the address book, the GPS module or the 3G connectivity and Wi-Fi, and so on)

But honestly I don't think there are sandboxing/virtualization apps (like Sandboxie or Shade for example) for non custom Android ROM, or at least I have not found them, about custom ROM no idea.

Abdallah

Level 1
Thread author
May 3, 2015
The blackphone feature ( I remember it was called Spaces or whatever ) is about creating something like containers so you could install apps in each one of them and no one of them touch the other or leak data to/from it

About Droidbox I found a page for it, looks like it was abandoned long time ago

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.