Advice Request Is there anyone using ESS9 having problem with Windows 10 build 10586

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maxxx58

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Dec 20, 2014
Hi everyone,
Microsoft's just released major updates for Windows 10 called Fall updates. But I heard that some people (include my friends) having problems with ESET's HIPS feature after update to Windows 10 build 10586. Is there anyone in MalwareTips facing to this problem? I also found a thread complain about this bug on ESET forum
Eset hips and windows build 10586
ESET seems having lots of bugs when released ESET v9. It's not bug-free software company as I respect. So disapointed!
Here is my friend screenshot on Windows 10 TH2:
DYmLBNH.jpg

Ps: I'm using Windows 10 Education so I'm still not received any updates. I can't specify current situation of ESET on my machine

Last edited by a moderator:

darko999

Level 17
Verified
Well-known
Oct 2, 2014
It will work like a beast on some computers, it won't work on others. Same as Microsoft updates, some work on first install, some get bdos some get restart loops, etc. I haven't been able to install MS updates as soon as they are released because I get serious issues. I did the same with ESET, I'm waiting heh.

Reactions: Maxxx58 and XhenEd

Malakke

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Jan 29, 2013
Had this problem this morning. Solved enabling pre-releases updates.

vindiesel

Level 7
Verified
Apr 15, 2013
Hello ESS 9 has problems until Windows 7 is not finished, has many errors. I give you a tip installed version 8

Reactions: Maxxx58

Skinoku

Level 1
Verified
Dec 11, 2015
Hi @Maxxx58,
it depends on what HIPS module your ESET is running.
If you experience this problem, just make sure your definitions and program are up to date.
Next reboot the machine, (because due to kernel ibernation isn't enough shutting it down and back up) and you'll find the AV or SS running just fine ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Maxxx58
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.