69198_485999358114239_640699058_n.jpg

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Hello and welcome to MalwareTips. ;)

A couple of things that I would like to know is that why would you need 7TB of space? You could also instead of having the 60GB SSD upgrade that to a 120GB SSD, as you could put all the programs that you use the most on that and any games that you use the most of on. Referring to the first question, I would remove the 4TB drive and keep the 3TB as that is plenty of space. Also any reason for the wireless card, when you could easily use the on-board Internet Port? Also why AMD over Intel?

Not sure what your intending to use the machine for? Is if for games, graphics, movies?

Once again welcome to MalwareTips. ;)

Trance Force

Thread author
Feb 23, 2013
i agree with you i should get the 120 SSD as you are woundering about the large amount of storage i do actually require that amount of space because i do alot of game recording and i use fraps for high quality and this chew up alot of space aproxx 120gb every hour of 60fps or higher recording

and i intend to use this computer for all of the functions you stated

thankyou for your feedback ;)

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Great glad to hear that. If you get the 120GB SSD you should be set as far as I can see. Others on the forum might find something that you could improve. :)

Valentin N

Level 2
Feb 25, 2011
not a bad config, however there are a few things you could change; the cpu should be an intel, the case can be a Fractal Define as your motherboard is an ATX motherboard, you should also all-in-one watercool component such as corsair h80i, for the gpu choice is good even if I think Nvidia has better frame rate rendering, the psu doesn't have to be 1000W unless you plan to make CF-config.

As I said in the PM, I will make my config at same value as you have. Here is a server config

Update: here my config . I didn't add any network card or audio cards since you chosen good one.

I saved on some parts such as adding another samsung840 in raid mirror and same goes for the seagate hdds.

devx

Verified
Feb 27, 2013
I agree with Valentine N, if you're spending this much of money on rig you should opt for Intel Core i7 3770K definitely with ASUS Rampage or Maximus series, GPU should be ASUS Ares and why you need so much RAM ? why do you need so much storage ? what you do with capturing ? share it on YouTube ? if this is the reason i suggest to create RAID and gain performance, this rig is not at all economical, this is over-balanced.

What i need to ask is, What is the purpose of machine ?

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.