Advanced Security Is this AdAware Extension the real deal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arrabida Rock

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Apr 2, 2016
I don't know if this is real or fake? :confused:

Attachments

• Capturar.PNG
    Capturar.PNG
    15 KB · Views: 674

Parsh

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Dec 27, 2016
The add-on is offered by the official 'Adaware' site, so it should be genuine.
Zero ratings can mislead or puzzle people but this is the premier of the protection addon.
However, only after good amount of testing can one evaluate it's effectiveness against the likes.

Reactions: Arrabida Rock

Arequire

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Feb 10, 2017
It's legit. Same developer as Adaware's Ad block and linked to the official Adaware site. Can't speak for its effectiveness though.

Arequire

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Feb 10, 2017
This extension isn't mencioned inside adware's site and that was my doubt...
Yeah, I couldn't find it either. I'm not sure if it even works without Adaware's paid solutions because its free AV doesn't include any web blocking and it doesn't push this extension as a way to introduce web blocking like Avira does with its free AV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.