Is this laptop worth the money ??

S

starchild76

Thread author
Hello everybody!

Me and the wife are thinking about buying a new laptop soon , and since we want want to live up to the name that dutch people have : " being cheapskates ":p we thought lets buy a laptop that is not that expensive.
I have found a sweet deal in a store here in the netherlands and I would appreciate some feedback from you guys , if its a wise choice to buy this one , or that is not wise.....thanks in advance for the feedback :D

here are the specs :

Compaq Presario CQ58-203sd :

processor :

AMD Fusion - E1-1200

Processor speed : 1,4 Ghz

2 cores

graphic card :

AMD Radeon HD 7310

4gb ram

Screensize : 15,6 inch

Resolution : 1366 x 768

Screentype : TFT-LCD

Harddrive : Serial ATA-300

500 GB

retail prize is 379 euro ( round and about 400 dollars )

Attachments

• compaq-presario-cq58-203sd.jpg
    compaq-presario-cq58-203sd.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 516

Coffeeman

Level 3
Verified
Nov 24, 2012
My opinions is that if you can bargain for a 50 euros it would be a great for that price. Maybe, not 50, but maybe 30?! Depends on what your needs are and if it is someway upgradable.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
That laptop is could be literally capable at any tasks but if you want a cheaper version then try to look for netbook however downgraded specs also.

Adan Bailey

Oct 19, 2013
A good Laptop is a type of a gift. If you want to use laptop for multiple purposes then you need to spend money to acquire a unique machine to help to give response according to your expectations. Lots of machines are available in local and international market.

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Apr 17, 2011
Purpose?

What do you plan on doing with this laptop so we can get an idea on what specs you might need.

Will it just be a Facebook and regular website machine, some online banking/buying or do you plan on doing multiple heavy tasks on it? (gaming, virtual machines, multicore heavy use applications etc)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.