Advice Request Is Wise Care 365 fakeware?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aerdian

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Jun 3, 2018
It's not spyware. There's no reason for it to be, as the publisher of it makes money from selling it. However, like many similar programs, it's not very good at what it does.

I have heard that it's spyware, so that's why I said that. But either way, it's still a PUP that claims you have a bunch of stuff wrong with your computer even if you don't :)

Reactions: Weebarra

Lightning_Brian

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Sep 1, 2017
Personally I don't believe Wise Care 365 is fake ware. I have been using it for a long time now. Wise makes a good disk "cleaner" too. I'm guessing the person in question may be "trolling"... Just remember... Not everything that people claim is true. Glad you asked here and that others have confirmed things with you as well

Hope that helps!

Brian

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
But either way, it's still a PUP that claims you have a bunch of stuff wrong with your computer even if you don't :)
No it doesn't. I just installed it and ran a scan. It found over a thousand registry errors. None of these were made up, they were all references to missing files and folders. The majority of these were leftover traces from programs that have been uninstalled, so could be safely deleted. There were also some, that would be better left untouched. Some software creates references in the registry to folders they save files to, but don't actually create these folders until they are actually needed. This results in an invalid folder reference in the registry, until that folder is created. So, it would be best not to delete these particular registry entries, but doing so, shouldn't actually cause any serious issues. There are some registry cleaners, that do not do a deep scan of the registry and a a result, will never detect these registry keys, e.g. CCleaner and Auslogics Registry Cleaner.

There's no need to actually delete the registry keys that PC Optimizer Pro finds, as 99.9% of the time, having invalid and needed registry keys, will not make a computer slow down, or actually cause any issues. But the same can be said for any registry cleaner, even the ones included in CCleaner and Wise Care 365/Wise Registry Cleaner, etc.

Yellowing

Level 5
Verified
Jun 7, 2018
My disk cleaner is a script I wrote that lets you change and runs profiles of windows internal clean manager. :D
Isn't that enough? :notworthy:
Bash:
@echo off
:ENTER
CLS
echo.
echo ================================================================================
echo                        Set and Run Cleanmanager Profiles
echo ================================================================================
echo                                                                     By Yellowing
echo.
echo   [1] Set a profile
echo   [2] Run a profile
echo   Space or CTRL+C to exit.
echo.
echo.
echo.
echo.

set ask=0
set /p ask="Choose: "
if %ask%==1 goto SET
if %ask%==2 goto RUN
goto ENTER

:SET
echo.
echo ================================ Set a profile =================================
echo.
set prof=0
set /p prof="Choose Profile number (1-65535): "
echo.
@echo on
Cleanmgr.exe /sageset:%prof%
@echo off

:ASK
echo.
echo =============================== Run this profile? ==============================
echo.
echo   (Type "yes" or "y")
echo   Space or CTRL+C to exit
echo.
echo.

set ask=0
set /p ask="Choose: "
if %ask%==yes goto RUNWITH
if %ask%==y goto RUNWITH
goto ASK

:RUN
echo.
echo ================================ Set a profile =================================
echo.
set prof=0
set /p prof="Choose Profile number (1-65535): "

:RUNWITH
@echo on
Cleanmgr.exe /sagerun:%prof%
@echo off
goto END

:END
echo --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
echo -----------------------------------All done!------------------------------------
echo --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
pause

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
Proof it then.
I don't have to prove anything to, you could try it and see for yourself. A few years ago, the registry cleaner had issues with false positives, but I reported the issues to IObit and they fixed the issues, which made it safe to use. The registry cleaner will now, no longer identify any valid registry entries as being bad, unlike just about every other registry cleaner. If you enable Deep Clean in the registry cleaner, it could possibly cause problems. But, it is only available in the paid Pro version and is disable by default.

ASC won't delete any needed files or registry keys. In extremely rare cases, Startup Optimization will think a needed startup entry is invalid and will want to disable it. But that's the only issue that ASC has.

I've used recent versions of ASC on many different computers and it has never caused any problems.

On the other hand, while Wise Care 365 is a very good program, its registry cleaner has minor issues with false positives.

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
There's no need to actually delete the registry keys that PC Optimizer Pro finds, as 99.9% of the time, having invalid and needed registry keys, will not make a computer slow down, or actually cause any issues.
That is not entirely true. Obsolete reg entries can cause issues (then again might not), it is just not so obvious, since they are hidden, people usually "solve" it by reinstall. Like there was once an update for Windows 10, which failed to install, because of an obsolete reg entry, MS released an update, which was basically reg cleaner. People using reg cleaners installed that update just fine. Or someone failed to install a software for un unknown reason, it failed because there was a completely unrelated reg leftover from another software, once he used reg cleaner, he could install it just fine. The similar applied to leftover of AVs, drivers and so on and so on. I no longer recommend reg cleaners, since they are generally not welcomed, when someone post a problem, which I know could be easily fixed by reg cleaner, I just smirk thinking, I could tell you how to fix it, but will not, because I do not need to read dozens of comments claiming otherwise (like SSD vs HSS case, rofl), even though people using my advice solved the issue in about 75% of cases. Not like I care, what people think, I prefer facts and testing vs theories, but I just do not like arguing pointlessly about "believes".

To sum it up, reg cleaning, just like disk cleaning, does not necessarily solve problems, it prevents them in the first place. I did not start using it, because i was bored, but because of dozens of issues or annoyances, like with Windows Explorer or Windows itself. I am glad to be running completely problem free computers for years, using deep reg cleaning. Of course, that applies to reliable reg cleaners only, not to regseeker or similar. A bad software (promoted by search engines on top) gives a bad name to good ones, understandably causing all this aversion to them.

Last edited:

Sunshine-boy

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2017
Wise is a very effective tool! its Goodware also safe if you remove the Euask folder(it's somewhere in user data folders)+dont allow it to access the internet.

Last edited:

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
Obsolete reg entries can cause issues
That is definitely true. There are a few instances where I've fixed problems by cleaning the registry. But, there are also, hundreds of times when cleaning the registry, has not fixed any issues. That is why I said that 99.9% of the time (not always), cleaning the registry won't help. I've even once, seen a very noticeable speed increase after cleaning the registry. So, I'm never going to say that registry cleaners are snake oil and never work.

Because I regularly install and uninstall software, I fairly often have issues with my computers. I believe in diagnosing and fixing issues, rather than doing a clean install. If I can't fix an issue myself, I will use a registry cleaner. It usually, won't help, but I believe it's worth trying.

I only use registry cleaners which have zero issues with false positives, so I know that nothing important will be deleted.

gin

Level 7
Verified
Jan 16, 2014
Don't instal kerish doctor on modified windows explorer and start orbs..

Reinstal windows because this
deviantart fan

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.