amico81

Level 17
Verified
definitely (y) kaspersky signatures and a strong proactive firewall (i have experience with the free version).

Impact is noticeable, but not to heavy. this AV would be my choice of paid av's after eset and norton.

and for the free version.....i would say that it deserves more attention.

bribon77

Level 28
Verified
It's a good solution. But ... I don't know if the engine you use is from the latest version of K. It seems not, it's an earlier version, but I'm not sure,:unsure:... maybe someone here in MT knows.
I used it a long time ago and it was something heavy, I don't know how it is now.:giggle:

ZeroDay

Level 28
Verified
Malware Tester
It's a good solution. But ... I don't know if the engine you use is from the latest version of K. It seems not, it's an earlier version, but I'm not sure,:unsure:... maybe someone here in MT knows.
I used it a long time ago and it was something heavy, I don't know how it is now.:giggle:
I'm pretty sure that they use an older version of the Kaspersky engine too. And, for any paranoid users keep in mind that Check Point who make Zonealarm is an Israeli company. That doesn't bother me personally, but when the Intel flaws were discovered I'm sure that I read somewhere that Mossad had something to do with it. And, as most people will know Mossad is Israeli intelligence services and possibly the very best intelligence service in the world which also receives and shares data with US and UK intelligence services. It's nothing for us regular users to worry about, but depending on your line of work Zonealarm may not be the best choice for enterprise use. I've used it and it seems pretty good, heavy ish but good. And I'd have no problem using it now I just know some people are paranoid about Nation state security services such as GCHQ here in the UK, CIA, NSA and Mossad.

Mahesh Sudula

Level 16
Verified
Malware Tester
Product wise it is OK.
Haven't seen "Threat Emulation" in action , they call it their Proactive Guard (Internet is mandate)
In the tests i done, the system is horribly silently infected (TE-Doesn't seem to to work for all extensions at least).
Basically it is mug of "all 3rd party components" built in them.
Personally i say no ,, Threat emulation needs a lot of work

Faxx

But ... I don't know if the engine you use is from the latest version of K. It seems not, it's an earlier version, but I'm not sure,:unsure:... maybe someone here in MT knows.
You cannot really compare as it is a separate line in Kaspersky development (SDK development). If you really want to compare the engine is equivalent to the latest Kaspersky business line.