Israeli Spies Hacked Kaspersky, Discovered Tools Stolen from the US NSA

F

ForgottenSeer 65219

I don't know why United States Government use Kaspersky products in the first place.
Who use Foreign security products in governance systems? :oops:
And I'm sure the US has Alternatives Becuase they are the leader of tech Industry. :oops:
I know Eugene Kaspersky is one of few Angels on the planet :)ROFLMAO:) But that move Really looks stupid. ( use Kaspersky Products )
Here in Iran, we have 2 of most Sophisticated Cyberattack in History [ Flame & Stuxnet ] So Iran Government learns a lesson in Hard Way. :D

Entreri

Level 7
Verified
May 25, 2015
Flame and Stuxnet, both discovered by Kaspersky. Kaspersky is top tier.

For the average consumer
More:

Russia Has Turned Kaspersky Software Into Tool for Spying

I have bee using Kaspersky for years I just don't know what to think about all this.

I could remove it and install something else but if it really is happening at Kaspersky, they are probably not the only ones with a government using their program.

Perhaps the best solution to all of this is a good multiplayer protection scheme.

I have been using Kaspersky on and off for more than a decade. That also includes other AV's in that period. All of them, not a single issue in terms of them ex-filtrating or any other nefarious scenario, same goes for the the "free" AV's, where they use data collection extensively.

Kaspersky has found of a lot of Israeli and American malware, this could be entirely a smear campaign. Besides the US, other countries haven't banned it.

molhopicante

Level 1
Oct 18, 2011
I'm not a politician.
I'm not a spy.
I'm just a normal guy.

So, that´s not problem for me and i will continue to use the same products despite of all rumors (true or not).

Until they start using censorship like some other products/enterprises, it's all OK for me.

The only problem i see in Kaspersky, is that they have a high price for me, so i prefer Emsisoft instead.

I'm thinking in give a try to Yandex eMail too...

Reactions: upnorth and vemn

Windows_Security

Level 24
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 13, 2016
Guys- this stuff is not new. It's just that the previous Administration blew off warnings which led to many resigning in despair. Finally there are those in power with the Ears to Hear and the Wit to Understand.

I am a bit in doubt on how to read/interpretate your post: When people responsible of the previous administration left in despair and the current administration (finally in power) have the ears to hear and the wit to understand, are you implying that the "to be boycotted" take on Kaspersky is correct?

Reactions: upnorth

motox781

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Apr 1, 2015
Like I said above, we may never know the whole truth from the USA. I will base my decision to continue to use Kaspersky dependant upon what other governmental agencies do with Kaspersky. I don't think they would continue to use a product that might spy on them. At the moment, Germany, and Australia see no foul play.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.