Solved Issue when Downloading Icon does not show up just blank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ImtheBest

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Oct 6, 2013
Sorry if this is not the right place(Didn't see help thread)

When i download something with Firefox 26.0 it does not show icon in Downloads. Never did this before if anybody can help plz Thank u

1yyRH6i.png

jim lin

Level 8
Aug 6, 2012
not sure what you mean by "does not show icon" but Firefox changed the download manager API in FF 26 so have a look here and see if this info helps any

http://www.ghacks.net/2013/12/14/firefox-26-broken-download-extensions-left-right/

Firefox 26: broken download extensions left and right
By Martin Brinkmann on December 14, 2013 in Firefox

Firefox 26 has been out for some days now, a rather unspectacular update for many users as it does not really ship with that many new or improved features

One of the changes in Firefox 26 that I did not mention in the review is the removal of the old download manager API.

Mozilla did introduce a new download manager API in Firefox 20 to resolve performance issues of the old, but did not remove the old API immediately.While the new download panel was the default way that downloads were handled in Firefox 20 and newer, there was still a way for users to use the old download manager interface instead.

The old download manager opened in a window instead of in a panel inside the browser window. Firefox users had to switch the preference browser.download.useToolkitUI in about:config to true to use the old API instead of the new one.

The option to do so was removed in Firefox 26, leaving some users puzzled in the process.

Firefox 26: Find out what is new
http://www.ghacks.net/2013/12/10/firefox-26-find-new/

"Lots of changes to interfaces, APIs and DOM"

do you mean you can not download with Firefox or is it that the download part looks different ?

:)

James

Reactions: Littlebits
Upvote 0

ImtheBest

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Oct 6, 2013
I'm talking about the logo is supposed to be there and its not. I have tried downgrading firefox and stuff still the same as no logo just blank never was like that before not sure if its something with my hardware or firefox issue. but i know it didn't look like that at all.

I even tried on my friends laptop and it was like that

I'm still having this problem
:(

Upvote 0

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Have you tried to re-install Firefox and using just the default settings? What theme are you using?

Upvote 0

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
This has always been this way ever since I have used firefox.Same icon as in your screenshot.I just downloaded and installed firefox 26 and downloaded CCleaner and get the same as your screenshot.The icon shows in the destination folder where your downloads are saved.
I would have to say this is normal as I have had the same on multiple PC's with multiple versions of Firefox for years.

2rgyvsy.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Jack
Upvote 0

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Can confirm that I also to not see any icons for the download, and I'm using the default theme and latest version.
cis.jpg

Reactions: Exterminator
Upvote 0

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
There might be a way to change this in about:config but you would have to search for how to change this.
Since you have the download text next to the default icon and the icon in your download destination it doesn't seem to be a problem.

Upvote 0

ImtheBest

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Oct 6, 2013
Woooo thanks Jack exterminator20 : Looks like I'm not the only one Thanks now i know its not my hardware

[QUOTEThere might be a way to change this in about:config but you would have to search for how to change this.
Since you have the download text next to the default icon and the icon in your download destination it doesn't seem to be a problem.][/QUOTE] How would i search for this exterminator20 in that can try looking for me help look Everybody on MWT Team work

Thanks

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.