Status
Not open for further replies.

inuyasha

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Apr 9, 2017
I use this program for work that was originally blocked by Comodo Firewall as an unrecognized program. I unblocked it, but every time the program updates, Comodo blocks it again. Is there any way to have Comodo unblock it permanently without having to always manually unblock it?

NOTE: I used CF with cruelsister's settings with Run Inside the Container selected

Reactions: Rengar

cruelsister

Level 42
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 13, 2013
It happens. I have the same issue with Seamonkey browser due to the Mozilla Org not bothering to sign any of the executables.

So first off, if whatever program you are using is never signed you'll have to do what both you and I currently do- allow it with each new build. But if your program is signed (the software vendor may not be on their Trusted vendor list), set yourself up to use the Comodo Forums and report this issue as a False Positive here:

AV False Positive/Negative Detection Reporting

I normally don't have the highest regard for the C Forums, but they will normally take care of stuff like this in short order.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.