It’s time to embrace GDPR

LASER_oneXM

Level 37
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 4, 2016
GDPR was created to ensure that giving personal information out is no longer a gamble. Personal data is exactly what GDPR aims to protect. Not only will the new regulations protect customer data, they will allow customers to own the way their data is stored and processed. Consumers can request to see their data at any time or ask that any or all their data be permanently deleted. Customers will now own the rights to their data. This is a gamechanger and will eliminate the need to question the ulterior motives of every form filled out.

GDPR requires organizations that collect European Union citizen Personally Identifiable (PII) data to be compliant.

Weebarra

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 5, 2017
I have been on a mass purge with this since the emails started arriving, most of them i have chosen to have my account/information deleted. I noticed some sneaky-ish tactics too within those emails. One, my favourite restaurant that i frequent on a regular basis with a big green "stay with us button" and a rather hard to find button to decline but it was like blackmail. If you choose to stay with us, we will enter you into a free draw for a meal for two. No thanks, i will visit you anyway, you just don't need my details for me to do that, i am perfectly capable of picking up the phone to book a table when i need one. :p

vtqhtr413

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2017
I agree Laser and Weebarra that this is a good thing for consumers but you have to wonder how they will make up for this lost revenue, more miners? I have recently been to a couple of websites that stopped me dead in my tracks because they detected my adblocker, if I turned it off they would allow me to proceed, these type of things.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.