Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Neowin.net said:
9968f2f1f2c84347bd5e209.png

Everyone in Australia already knows that they get ripped off purchasing any sort of digital goods locally, and of course there's the inquiry into pricing in the country, but this ridiculous statistic really puts it all in perspective. News.com.au discovered that it's actually cheaper for an Australian to fly to the United States, purchase a copy of Adobe CS6 Master Collection, then fly back, than to actually purchase the software locally.

In Australia, Adobe's Creative Suite 6 Master Collection costs AU$4,344 for a boxed copy, or AU$3,949 for a digital copy which is GST exempt. In the United States, the exact same product will cost you US$2,599, which when currency converted comes in at AU$2,513 - a difference in price of AU$1,831 over the boxed copy (AU$1,436 over digital).

Read more.

malbky

Level 1
Jun 23, 2011
It is highly cheap to buy certain softwares like antivirus in India. You also get high quality pirate CDS.
Lol.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
The prices for those who live in Australia are incredible.Do you guys get taxed if you buy online from somewhere other than Australia ? I wouldnt pay the US price for Adobe. If I wasnt such a scallywag of a marauder I think I would go back to the etch-a-sketch.

softwareFREEk

Level 1
Verified
Dec 27, 2012
I started to read this thread thinkin you know what I am going to take
this up and drop in Gnosis our Aussie M8 living in the US of A and surprise him,
then I get to the end and I see that he has surprised me and has invited all Aussies
to drop in and say gidday, now what a M8 he is !! :p

Nomad

Verified
Jan 31, 2013
That is absurd, but what a business opportunity. Buy software here, mark it up slightly, and resell to Australians less than those ridiculous retail prices. Everyone is happy! :D

malbky

Level 1
Jun 23, 2011
No exterminator in India we do net get taxed extra incase we buy from online stores at USD rates.
Also most shopkeepers give you at a cheaper price i f you pay cash. We get 3-4% service tax levied in case of card payment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.