Last updated
Jan 20, 2021
How it's used?
For home and private use
Operating system
Windows 10
On-device encryption
Log-in security
    • Biometrics (Windows Hello PIN, TouchID, Face, Iris, Fingerprint)
Security updates
Allow security updates and latest features
User Access Control
Notify me only when programs try to make changes to my computer
Smart App Control
Real-time security
Windows Defender Antivirus
Firewall security
Microsoft Defender Firewall
About custom security
None
Periodic malware scanners
Windows Defender Antivirus
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Microsoft Edge ( Adguard )
Secure DNS
Quad9
Desktop VPN
None
Password manager
None
Maintenance tools
None
File and Photo backup
Manual to USB device. Photos,music
System recovery
None
Risk factors
    • Browsing to popular websites
    • Opening email attachments
    • Streaming audio/video content from shady sites
Computer specs
HP Pavilion 15
Pentium 2020M
Intel HD 2500M
DDR3-1600MHz
WD 500GB
What I'm looking for?

Looking for maximum feedback.

Kongo

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 25, 2017

Mariihh

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Mar 30, 2018
Courage to trust WD as protection in real time, doubtful protection, besides that if you are a gamer you will suffer, the performance of the pc has greatly decreased. Put something solid: Norton, F-Secure, GDATA or Trend Micro..

Kongo

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 25, 2017
Courage to trust WD as protection in real time, doubtful protection, besides that if you are a gamer you will suffer, the performance of the pc has greatly decreased. Put something solid: Norton, F-Secure, GDATA or Trend Micro..
Did you last check on Microsoft Defender back then on Windows 7 or why are you saying that it provides doubtful protection? There is a reason why a majority of people use it here combined with Configure Defender. :unsure:

Mariihh

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Mar 30, 2018
Did you last check on Microsoft Defender back then on Windows 7 or why are you saying that it provides doubtful protection? There is a reason why a majority of people use it here combined with Configure Defender. :unsure:
I remember a time when here on this site Emsisoft was everyone's darlingt, was the best antivirus in the world said some experienced users here, everyone started to use and talked well all the time, it was like fanboy even, nowadays no one else uses it, no one talks more, now it's WD, just as it was with Emsisoft it is just a passing thing (modinha), soon everyone will return to Norton, Trend Micro, G Data and etc. I've seen this movie :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Lightning_Brian

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Sep 1, 2017
May I make a major suggestion @ivanoffbg ?

How about some good backup applications for your computer? This way you save time and potential headaches for backing up important and potentially priceless documents?!!

Have a look at AOMEI Backupper Standard (free): Free Backup Software for Windows 10/8/7 - AOMEI Backupper Standard

Another one to look into is Macrium Reflect (free): Macrium Reflect Free

Both are very widely used and quite popular here at MT. It only takes one time for disaster to strike and you could lose all important documents. I say do yourself a big solid favor and have a look at some solid/highly recommended solutions for backup needs. Test these out and see which one you like more! If you don't like the first one try the second one. If you don't like either one let me know and lets have a look at what you would like to accomplish by saving you some time - not to mention potential headaches too. As a wise man once told me - disaster never strikes when you expect it! Expect the unexpected! Plan for the worst and come out on top if things do happen.

~Brian

Kongo

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 25, 2017
I remember a time when here on this site Emsisoft was everyone's darlingt, was the best antivirus in the world said some experienced users here, everyone started to use and talked well all the time, it was like fanboy even, nowadays no one else uses it, no one talks more, now it's WD, just as it was with Emsisoft it is just a passing thing (modinha), soon everyone will return to Norton, Trend Micro, G Data and etc. I've seen this movie :rolleyes:
We will see what happens in the future. So far it seems to work perfectly fine for everyone. You are right about the performance impact but protection wise I won't agree.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.