i've been getting what I think are spam fake virus/infection warnings and running scans on malwarebytes hasn't stopped this. Scans taking just seconds

Infected operating system
Ventura 13.2.1
Infected device issues
I keep getting pop up warnings that differ. Here's some: "system Mac os infected" "Gmail alert account has been hacked" "Virus detected: Trojan_%$@!F Your system Mac OS wil be removed in 10 minutes" "Critical virus alert Virus detected! Activate your ANTIVIRUS"
Your iCloud is being Hacked" "Detected" Trojan_B08DF831059" and more all day long. They disappear very fast too so I've been taking a fast screenshot to see what they say.
Browsers affected by infection
  1. Safari
Browser Settings: Homepage and Default Search Engine
Homepage is Brave Search. my default search engine is brave.com
Browser extensions
there are no extensions

Justice52

Thread author
Mar 23, 2023
i've been getting what I think are spam fake virus/infection warnings and running scans on malwarebytes hasn't stopped this. Scans taking just seconds

Reactions: Jack

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Hello @Justice52

Most likely you're seeing those pop-ups because of spam push notifications. Let's remove them:

To remove permission for a malicious website to send notifications in Safari on macOS, follow these steps:

1. Open Safari on your Mac.
  2. Click on the Safari menu in the top-left corner of the screen.
  3. Select "Preferences" from the dropdown menu.
  4. Click on the "Websites" tab at the top of the Preferences window.
  5. In the left sidebar, click on "Notifications."
  6. Select each website from the list and click on "Remove" to revoke its permission to send notifications.
  7. Next, uncheck "Allow websites to ask for permission to send notifications".

Deny-Notifications-Safari.png
Let me know if you still see those pop-ups.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.