Jack's ASUS ZenBook Pro Security Configuration (2019)

Last updated
Jul 4, 2019
Windows Edition
Pro
Log-in security
Security updates
Allow security updates and latest features
User Access Control
Always notify
Real-time security
Windows Defender, Malwarebytes Premium
Firewall security
Microsoft Defender Firewall
Periodic malware scanners
Malwarebytes, Norton Power Eraser, HitmanPro, and EKK
Malware sample testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Google Chrome with:
-uBlock Origin with additional filters
-Last Pass
Maintenance tools
None
File and Photo backup
EaseUS Todo Backup Free with External HDD
System recovery
EaseUS Todo Backup Free with External HDD
Risk factors
    • Gaming
    • Logging into my bank account
    • Browsing to popular websites
    • Streaming audio/video content from shady sites
    • Downloading malware samples
    • Working from home
Computer specs
ASUS ZenBook Pro UX501VW
Intel i7-6700 HQ @ 2.6Ghz
16GB RAM
512 SSD

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
No system utilities at least you can add CCleaner:D
The actual need for CCleaner (and other optimisers) have dwindled over the years.
  • Late-2018 builds of Windows 10, allow basic optimisations such as an updated version of 'Disk Clean-up', now called 'Free up space now' under Storage Sense. It's lightening fast on SSD.
  • Every web browser allows users to manage stored cookies, cache, history and permissions, with finer controls to erase data from a certain date. Extensions can these a step further.
  • Third-party uninstallers allow users to clear up leftover files on disk and registry.
Most 3rd party system cleaners are either (or all) of the following:
  • Overrated - generally from loyal users circa. 2001 and cannot give it up
  • Bloatware - non-essentials features
  • Adware - toolbars, in-app sponsored adverts, extra software before main installation
Whether you're an Expert or Beginner, recommending the wrong software is bad practice, and potentially dangerous.

jackwilli

Level 3
Verified
Jan 1, 2019
The actual need for CCleaner (and other optimisers) have dwindled over the years.
  • Late-2018 builds of Windows 10, allow basic optimisations such as an updated version of 'Disk Clean-up', now called 'Free up space now' under Storage Sense. It's lightening fast on SSD.
  • Every web browser allows users to manage stored cookies, cache, history and permissions, with finer controls to erase data from a certain date. Extensions can these a step further.
  • Third-party uninstallers allow users to clear up leftover files on disk and registry.
Most 3rd party system cleaners are either (or all) of the following:
  • Overrated - generally from loyal users circa. 2001 and cannot give it up
  • Bloatware - non-essentials features
  • Adware - toolbars, in-app sponsored adverts, extra software before main installation
Whether you're an Expert or Beginner, recommending the wrong software is bad practice, and potentially dangerous.
Hello sir, I am using laptop or computer since last month for first time. You can't even put me in beginner group:ROFLMAO:. And you are administrator of this site so i am not even comparable to your shadow. But as a windows or i should say PC learner,like me CCleaner is required till they know about windows inside settings and common commands. I know that mostly all system optimizers are just crap. But CCleaner has no issue like that. But as you said windows 10 has all those features inbuilt so I am going to remove ccleaner as i find them and become familiar with. After all I think I would be youngest here so I need all your advises so please keep me informed if i post something wrong or inappropriate.

Thanks.

Nevi

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 7, 2016
Great config Jack. I have started to user a standard account too. And with Esets suite nobody are going to get through your computer. At least it's unlikely.:unsure:

Reactions: harlan4096

Burrito

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 16, 2018
Super clean configuration.

I'm surprised how effective Malwarebytes Browser Extension (Beta) can be. You might consider giving that a look.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.