The actual need for CCleaner (and other optimisers) have dwindled over the years.No system utilities at least you can add CCleaner
Hello sir, I am using laptop or computer since last month for first time. You can't even put me in beginner group. And you are administrator of this site so i am not even comparable to your shadow. But as a windows or i should say PC learner,like me CCleaner is required till they know about windows inside settings and common commands. I know that mostly all system optimizers are just crap. But CCleaner has no issue like that. But as you said windows 10 has all those features inbuilt so I am going to remove ccleaner as i find them and become familiar with. After all I think I would be youngest here so I need all your advises so please keep me informed if i post something wrong or inappropriate.The actual need for CCleaner (and other optimisers) have dwindled over the years.
Most 3rd party system cleaners are either (or all) of the following:
- Late-2018 builds of Windows 10, allow basic optimisations such as an updated version of 'Disk Clean-up', now called 'Free up space now' under Storage Sense. It's lightening fast on SSD.
- Every web browser allows users to manage stored cookies, cache, history and permissions, with finer controls to erase data from a certain date. Extensions can these a step further.
- Third-party uninstallers allow users to clear up leftover files on disk and registry.
Whether you're an Expert or Beginner, recommending the wrong software is bad practice, and potentially dangerous.
- Overrated - generally from loyal users circa. 2001 and cannot give it up
- Bloatware - non-essentials features
- Adware - toolbars, in-app sponsored adverts, extra software before main installation