Janl1992l's Laptop config

Janl1992l

Level 14
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Feb 14, 2016
This is my new Config. Any suggestions are welcome. For a bit of anonymity i use Nordvpn or perfect-privacy vpn, at the moment nordvpn because it is cheaper.

The Setup runs on a Samsung 850Pro SSD and i dont feel any slowdowns, in fact, when i used windows defender i feelt abit of slowdowns, no fps drops in games but on first start on programms and folders with much exes.

Im 24 now and use a Pc/Laptop since over 10 Years. I never had a single infection. Always cared much about Security and it is abit like a hobby to be safe and test new security programs and technologies to always be on the safe site. "there is no safe site in the internet" i was just lucky until now. :)

Have a nice day. :)

Janl1992l

Level 14
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Feb 14, 2016
Thats looks OK to me.For On-demand Malware Scanners you say no need but give Emsisoft Emergency Kit a try.Thanks for sharing your config with us.:)
I try it maybe, had id sometimes with my old pc. maybe malwarebytes is a better choice because of its amazing pup detection and zemana is alrdy enough for nasty malware. so that would be nice together. thanks for ur suggestion

Noxx

Level 3
Verified
Jul 13, 2016
I'd honestly keep SecureAPlus or Zemana in real-time, not both. Maybe just have SAP in real-time, and have Zemana as an on-demand. Overall, you're safe. Thank you for sharing.

O

Omnipotent

Nice Setup. I suggest you try StartPage instead of DuckDuckGo. It uses Google as it's search engine and it's the basically the same as DuckDuckGo. It additionally proxies all of your searches and doesn't log your IP address. It's a company based in Europe i believe which in theory is better then DuckDuckGo that is situated in USA, you can't really trust US companies nowadays after the Edward Snowden leaks.

Learn more here: PRIVACY - How we protect you

Janl1992l

Level 14
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Feb 14, 2016
I'd honestly keep SecureAPlus or Zemana in real-time, not both. Maybe just have SAP in real-time, and have Zemana as an on-demand. Overall, you're safe. Thank you for sharing.
True, secureaplus is more than enough. but zemana is desinged to work alongside other av and it only scans on execution. it is so light that u dont feel it and i have a lifetime license, so i simply use it. why not. :)

Janl1992l

Level 14
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Feb 14, 2016
Nice Setup. I suggest you try StartPage instead of DuckDuckGo. It uses Google as it's search engine and it's the basically the same as DuckDuckGo. It additionally proxies all of your searches and doesn't log your IP address. It's a company based in Europe i believe which in theory is better then DuckDuckGo that is situated in USA, you can't really trust US companies nowadays after the Edward Snowden leaks.

Learn more here: PRIVACY - How we protect you
Thanks, will look into StartPage. :)

Reactions: Logethica

Noxx

Level 3
Verified
Jul 13, 2016
True, secureaplus is more than enough. but zemana is desinged to work alongside other av and it only scans on execution. it is so light that u dont feel it and i have a lifetime license, so i simply use it. why not. :)

If you don't have performance issues with your PC, then by all means, use them both. And yeah, it's nice that Zemana can work alongside other AV's and it's very light.

xCharbz - European nations don't monitor their citizens internet traffic? I love my European brothers and sisters here, but let's not be naïve. =p

O

Omnipotent

If you don't have performance issues with your PC, then by all means, use them both. And yeah, it's nice that Zemana can work alongside other AV's and it's very light.

xCharbz - European nations don't monitor their citizens internet traffic? I love my European brothers and sisters here, but let's not be naïve. =p
Yes, of course European countries still collect data, i meant that i would trust a Netherlands anonymity company more then an american one which could be snooped on by the NSA.

Janl1992l

Level 14
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Feb 14, 2016
Removed: secureaplus.

ther is no reason to have it with zemana premium and sandboxie. it has a little bit delay on start programs, games etc. so i uninstalled it. maybe try it later again.

Janl1992l

Level 14
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Feb 14, 2016
Removed: Opera

Added: Firefox 64Bit because of Multiprocess support now.

Main Browser still vivaldi 64Bit.. so much to configuring to make it to the browser u want! :)

Janl1992l

Level 14
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Feb 14, 2016
Added: Process Lasso. If anyone have a Key for it to give away it would be amazing and much appricated!

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.