Japan bans Huawei and ZTE 5G networking hardware; will Canada be next?

SumTingWong

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 2, 2018
I wouldn't say it was dumb per se. Governments all over the globe need to protect what is theirs from falling into the wrong hands.

Totally agree with @HarborFront though, all nations are embroiled in this "my daddy is bigger than your daddy game" but who wins ? My guess is nobody.

All accusations with no proof. It is the same as American government agencies accused Kaspersky for behind the election hacks. I am pretty sure American hackers are not sitting around to let the Russians take all the glories.

D

Deleted member 178

5-EYES member: "Hey!!! Huawei is deploying massively their backdoored 5G infrastructures!!!!"

5-EYE leader: "damn!!! Let make some fake news and troll campaigns so we can kick them out the business and replace their equipments by our own trusted backdoored ones"

5-EYE members: "yeah!!!! boss, you are so smart!!! all hail boss!!! All hail Boss !!!"

SumTingWong

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 2, 2018
5-EYES member: "Hey!!! Huawei is deploying massively their backdoored 5G infrastructures!!!!"

5-EYE leader: "damn!!! Let make some fake news and troll campaigns so we can kick them out the business and replace their equipments by our own trusted backdoored ones"

5-EYE members: "yeah!!!! boss, you are so smart!!! all hail boss!!! All hail Boss !!!"

All the small boys will follow the big boy America because America is the daddy of the small boys.

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
Umbra, that's funny, and likely true many times over BUT are you saying Huawei is pure as the driven snow or are you making fun of the hypocrisy (I can hack but if you do it, you're criminal)?
I don't recall that K was accused of involvement in election hacking but Eugene Kaspersky vehemently denied any wrongdoing, offering the code for quarterly (?) inspection, etc. Huawei, on the other hand, capitulated after the CFO's arrest almost instantly (to me: a sign of guilt somewhere).

D

Deleted member 178

Umbra, that's funny, and likely true many times over BUT are you saying Huawei is pure as the driven snow or are you making fun of the hypocrisy (I can hack but if you do it, you're criminal)?
I don't recall that K was accused of involvement in election hacking but Eugene Kaspersky vehemently denied any wrongdoing, offering the code for quarterly (?) inspection, etc. Huawei, on the other hand, capitulated after the CFO's arrest almost instantly (to me: a sign of guilt somewhere).
Earlier I said every gov & big Corps spies in some ways, to maintain dominance.
So yes i make fun of the situation. Corporate spying isn't my problem, I use their excellent products and i dont see them hacking my bank or social accounts.

show-Zi

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
All the small boys will follow the big boy America because America is the daddy of the small boys.
The American breeze becomes strong wind in Japan. This case is a measure to get along with other countries, probably the Japanese nation does not think so deeply.
The public has a strong interest in the future of Panda which has rental contract with China rather than communication equipment:censored:

vtqhtr413

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2017
And Canada just released the CFO...
Exactly what I said...
c54650b7278f88a3eeaa7aa7d5fce4f7.jpg

D

Deleted member 178

USA and China are playing poker for world domination, expect more news like that in the future.

If you are interested and follow news about geopolitics and economy, nothing surprising then.

This story happen just before the meeting before the US and China presidents, Trump just moved one piece in this chess game.

Burrito

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 16, 2018

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Germany's IT watchdog has expressed scepticism about calls for a boycott of Chinese telecoms giant Huawei, saying it has seen no evidence the firm could use its equipment to spy for Beijing, news weekly Spiegel reported on Friday (Dec 14).. Read more below

'No evidence' of Huawei spying, says German IT watchdog

and 2 Canadians detained by the Chinese

US to help get Canadian detainees freed amid Huawei row, Pompeo says

What the US is going to do with Cloudflare?

U.S. Tech Giant Cloudflare Provides Cybersecurity For At Least 7 Terror Groups

https://gizmodo.com/cloudflare-under-fire-for-allegedly-providing-ddos-prot-1831107649

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.