Japanese boy arrested for creating Ransomware

Isaac Paul Flaum

Jun 9, 2017
Jeez he's just a 14 year old kid. I agree that what he did was wrong but people here are suggesting the death penalty? That I cannot agree on. I think his sentence should be less harsh than what the majority of users are posting here. Plus the Japanese school system/society is more intense and strict than most other countries' school systems. Not saying the kid should get off without a penalty but a week of jail should suffice. At that age being put in jail too long will destroy any prospects he has to become a positive member of society.

DJ Panda

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
Jeez he's just a 14 year old kid. I agree that what he did was wrong but people here are suggesting the death penalty? That I cannot agree on. I think his sentence should be less harsh than what the majority of users are posting here. Plus the Japanese school system/society is more intense and strict than most other countries' school systems. Not saying the kid should get off without a penalty but a week of jail should suffice. At that age being put in jail too long will destroy any prospects he has to become a positive member of society.

I get what you are saying, but at the same time, when ransomware hits a hospital it can be life threatening. Not only ransomware hitting hospitals, but if its not out already, malicious software that can stop things like pacemakers. IMO A week seems not enough. At least a month or two. Thanks for your input. :)

SumG

Level 2
Verified
Apr 26, 2017
That is not his fault .. today,s system turned him to make easier money within a few days/hours. Probably he learnt from WannaCry hackers how to destroy other and can improve own status.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.