Glary Utilities Pro, CCleaner free, AxCrypt

jasonX

Level 9
Thread author
Apr 13, 2012
Other setup:

Operating System:
Windows 7 SP1
OS Edition: Ultimate (Windows 7 or Vista)
OS Architecture: 64-bit
User Access Control: Default
OS Firewall: Other Firewall (3rd Party)
OS Updates: Manual (Selective)
OS Security Filter: Windows Smartscreen Enabled (On)
Login Password Protection: Yes
Recent Malware Attacks: No
Participate in Malware Hub: No
Real-time Malware Protection: Avast IS 2016 (no firewall) + Comodo firewall with HIPS
KeyscramblerPro

On-demand Malware Scanners: MBAM Premium, HMP
Security Product Settings: Custom (User selection)
Browsers and Extensions: AdBlockPlus, WOT, HTTPSEverywhere
Password Manager: Sticky Password Pro
AdBlocker: AdBlock Plus
Privacy Cleaners, System Tuning and Encryption: Glary Utilities Pro, CCleaner free, AxCrypt, Revo Uninstaller Pro
Data Backup: Monthly Backups
System Image Backup: Custom Backups (Manual)
Smartphone and Tablet OS:
Android (Google)
Smartphone and Tablet Security Checklist:
Latest OS updates
Apps downloaded from Apple App Store, Google Play Store or Windows Store only
Antivirus Scanner

---

Operating System:
Windows 7 SP1
OS Edition: Ultimate (Windows 7 or Vista)
OS Architecture: 64-bit
User Access Control: Default
OS Firewall: Other Firewall (3rd Party)
OS Updates: Manual (Selective)
OS Security Filter: Windows Smartscreen Enabled (On)
Login Password Protection: Yes
Recent Malware Attacks: No
Participate in Malware Hub: No
Real-time Malware Protection: Avira Free + Comodo firewall with HIPS
KeyscramblerPro

On-demand Malware Scanners: MBAM Free, HMP free
Security Product Settings: Custom (User selection)
Browsers and Extensions: AdBlockPlus, WOT, HTTPSEverywhere
Password Manager: Sticky Password Pro
AdBlocker: AdBlock Plus
Privacy Cleaners, System Tuning and Encryption: Glary Utilities Pro, CCleaner free, AxCrypt, Revo Uninstaller Pro
Data Backup: Monthly Backups
System Image Backup: Custom Backups (Manual)
Smartphone and Tablet OS:
Android (Google)
Smartphone and Tablet Security Checklist:
Latest OS updates
Apps downloaded from Apple App Store, Google Play Store or Windows Store only
Antivirus Scanner

Last edited:
Reactions: shukla44

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Well that's something to trend about that setups, using suites but selective components only.

IMO using suites were likely prefer to be more appreciated since all components were combined for sufficient protection and less processes than the separate security layer protection.

Again its my opinion :).

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
With all the setups you have, I can't find anything that I can help with with. It's great. Keep up the great work. :)

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Avira Internet Security 2012(no firewall), Comodo IS ver5.10 with D+ (no AV)
Avast Internet Security Build 1426(no firewall), Online Armor Premium.

Why not?

Avira Premium + Comodo Firewall (w/D+)
Avast Pro (or Free) + OnlineArmor Premium

It makes no sense to install a full suite, just to part of it. What about the Firewall drivers, that could cause future issues.

I bet both Avira and Avast will be notifying you that they're not Secured (since one or components are disabled).

Re-think before choosing what you install.

NSG001

Level 16
Verified
Nov 21, 2011
'Low security risk', Man that is some armour you're wearing :)
All good tho' !

jasonX

Level 9
Thread author
Apr 13, 2012
Earth said:
Avira Internet Security 2012(no firewall), Comodo IS ver5.10 with D+ (no AV)
Avast Internet Security Build 1426(no firewall), Online Armor Premium.

Why not?

Avira Premium + Comodo Firewall (w/D+)
Avast Pro (or Free) + OnlineArmor Premium

It makes no sense to install a full suite, just to part of it. What about the Firewall drivers, that could cause future issues.

I bet both Avira and Avast will be notifying you that they're not Secured (since one or components are disabled).

Re-think before choosing what you install.

Well, I had the license for the full suite so not wanting to waste it so I used it but tailored it to be in combination with the said firewalls. I had been always using Avira Premium for about 4 years now and the license for the Avira Premium Security Suite was rotting so I used it instead of buying the Premium. Avast IS I won in facebook.

I forgot to mention that exclusions for each of the processes were placed in all respective security application settings. The reason why there was no conflict.

All installations were done using custom install. I did not select the firewall components of those that were combined with Comodo and Online Armor. Same thing for Comodo(for the AV and TrustConnect). On the Avira IS, I did not install the firewall/backup/Proactive feature. For Avast, firewall and Behavioral shield.

I had issues when the combination was,

Avira IS (no firewall) + Online Armor Premium -- system was a bit sluggish.

Other than that observation no issues yet(and that's been 2 years now).

Thank you :)

jasonX

Level 9
Thread author
Apr 13, 2012
jamescv7 said:
Well that's something to trend about that setups, using suites but selective components only.

IMO using suites were likely prefer to be more appreciated since all components were combined for sufficient protection and less processes than the separate security layer protection.

Again its my opinion :).

Hi jamescv7,

Thanks for the reply :)

The firewall component is what I don't seem to like in the suites. Take for example "Terminating a connection". KIS/Eset/Avast/AviraIS does not offer that but Comodo/Online Armor has that capability.

The HIPS of both Comodo and OA has been the one's that can block applications from launching another application say, browsers (that is also in relation to the post's I made in the Security Discussions>Security Products>Eset. KIS 2012 firewall seems to be okay but some COM interface as the post I made in said section it cannot block also. To date, Comodo and OA have been the one's thatv are effective on it.

On the suites, I tend to like KIS 2012 better, Avast IS 2nd and Avira IS last(still testing in another pc though).

Had used Outpost Pro for quite a while but stopped when I had issues with 7.5.1 URL blocking.

:)

jasonX

Level 9
Thread author
Apr 13, 2012
NSG001 said:
'Low security risk', Man that is some armour you're wearing :)
All good tho' !

Thanks for the reply there :)

I am going onto a trend towards usage of a full suite but am not getting there yet in exception of KIS 2012.

Eset which I am using now is STILL with issues. Problem with Eset support they seem to not be helping me or just plain busy. So I posted here for difference of opinion (kudos to jamescv7 who's helping me there).

Have a nice day :)

jasonX

Level 9
Thread author
Apr 13, 2012
McLovin said:
With all the setups you have, I can't find anything that I can help with with. It's great. Keep up the great work. :)

Thanks there :) Still searching towards another combination that I'll like still but those posted are the tested one's I had for 2+years now(except Eset). Have a nice day :)

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
jasonX said:
Eset which I am using now is STILL with issues. Problem with Eset support they seem to not be helping me or just plain busy. So I posted here for difference of opinion (kudos to jamescv7 who's helping me there).

Well I'm trying to find a solution through research so I will do anything it can. :)

For the recent case ESET Moderators were the best place for posting anything problems related to ESET Products, just be patience.

jasonX

Level 9
Thread author
Apr 13, 2012
jamescv7 said:
jasonX said:

Well I'm trying to find a solution through research so I will do anything it can. :)

For the recent case ESET Moderators were the best place for posting anything problems related to ESET Products, just be patience.

Yeah. Still waiting and still haven't thrown the towel yet. Eset support answered once in another forum where I posted the same issue but as of now zit..zero especially the HIPS issue. I hope it will not be long though..if this will probably go on for a month then I'd ditch ESS and just use the AV...but...still waiting ha ha :)

jasonX

Level 9
Thread author
Apr 13, 2012
Got the "alert" so I updated my config. Been away for awhile...sick again :) Oh well thank you guys :)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.