Jazzmaster Security Config

Status
Not open for further replies.

jazzmaster

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Aug 20, 2017
Need advice for system tune up if needed. I didn't 100% trust about Iobit product (ASC).
Or maybe any suggestion/advice for this setup?
And I interested Emsisoft product, Is it lighter than Kaspersky?
=======================================================
Update I change RTP to Eset Internet Security because my kaspersky license has been expired.
Thanks. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: AnonMan

AnonMan

Level 2
Verified
Aug 4, 2017
Please enable uac (just disable it when you update your cad and reenable it again) and ccleaner is enough. Other than that your pc is secure. Emsisoft is very light in my system, use around 4-70mb of ram(memory optimization enable) if that what you want to know.

F

ForgottenSeer 65219

just use ccleaner for system tune up. I think OS architects knows how to keep system well ( after decades ). ( or if u really want some system tuneup utility,put windows reinstall in your agenda :p )

LukeLovesSecurity

Level 4
Verified
Jul 28, 2017
Enable UAC

And I interested Emsisoft product, Is it lighter than Kaspersky?

Emsisoft isn't known to be light, but Kaspersky is known to be heavy. So yes, Emsisoft is lighter than Kaspersky, but if you want super light protection, get cloud based protection. My favorites are Avira and Comodo Cloud.

Reactions: jazzmaster

Xahl

Level 1
Verified
Aug 5, 2017
Enable UAC

Emsisoft isn't known to be light, but Kaspersky is known to be heavy. So yes, Emsisoft is lighter than Kaspersky, but if you want super light protection, get cloud based protection. My favorites are Avira and Comodo Cloud.
Kaspersky on my system is lighter than emsisoft.

jazzmaster

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Aug 20, 2017
Please enable uac (just disable it when you update your cad and reenable it again) and ccleaner is enough. Other than that your pc is secure. Emsisoft is very light in my system, use around 4-70mb of ram(memory optimization enable) if that what you want to know.

just use ccleaner for system tune up. I think OS architects knows how to keep system well ( after decades ). ( or if u really want some system tuneup utility,put windows reinstall in your agenda :p )

Enable UAC and you'll be fine

Enable UAC

Kaspersky on my system is lighter than emsisoft.

Enable UAC to remove the red badge of "Risky"
Consider HTTPS Everywhere & Privacy Badger in Chrome.
Thanks for sharing your config :)

Thank you All for your advice.
I have enable UAC now. :)

@AnonMan, @LukeLovesSecurity Yep I want lightweight protection but is Emsisoft good enough compare to Kaspersky IS?
Cause I have never tried it.

@Xahl, Wow nice. I got arround 60-100MB in idle but if scanning it can spike to 200MB++.

@Siavash, Thanks I'll stick to Ccleaner. :)

Last edited:

AnonMan

Level 2
Verified
Aug 4, 2017
is Emsisoft good enough compare to Kaspersky IS?
In term of default protection. Emsisoft is pretty strong with its bb, when you configure kaspersky a bit. It will provide much stronger security than any AVs in the market. You can try the trial of Emsisoft (with memory optimization on - don't know why it is disable) to see how it behave in your system as every AVs behave different in every PC. So, just use whatever AVs that works for you and your PC.

Reactions: jazzmaster

jazzmaster

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Aug 20, 2017
In term of default protection. Emsisoft is pretty strong with its bb, when you configure kaspersky a bit. It will provide much stronger security than any AVs in the market. You can try the trial of Emsisoft (with memory optimization on - don't know why it is disable) to see how it behave in your system as every AVs behave different in every PC. So, just use whatever AVs that works for you and your PC.
Nice. I'll try it.
For kaspersky I think I have to use config as you say. But is there any guide which setting must be change/tweak?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.