JB007 Security Configuration

Windows Edition
Pro
User Access Control
Notify me only when programs try to make changes to my computer
Real-time security
Emsisoft Internet Security (firewall) + Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium + Zemana Premium + HitmanPro.Alert
Firewall security
Periodic malware scanners
HitmanPro
Browser(s) and extensions
Chrome
Firefox ESR 45.1.1
Internet Explorer 11
Maintenance tools
CCleaner
File and Photo backup
Cobian

JB007

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 19, 2016
That's my current security configuration.
I excluded every program on other.
I don't encounter any conflict or slowdown.
I continue using MBAM premium because sometimes it detects Outbound sites not detected by other AV. I don't know if they are really dangerous but I prefear continuing to use MBAM.

Last edited:

DJ Panda

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
HitmanPro, MBAM, and Zemana running the same time WILL cause conflicts eventually. I'd say to use Zemana as protection and HMP and MBAM for scanning. Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit Free is very light compared to HitmanPro's protection and can even have more protection if configured properly.

Duotone

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Mar 17, 2016
IMO one of the two should be on-demand(Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium + Zemana Premium), if you don't get conflicts good for you.
I continue using MBAM premiume because sometimes it detects Outbound sites not detected by other AV. I don't know if they are really dangerous but I prefer continuing to use MBAM.
Hitmanpro Alert got your back...

Thanks for sharing your config!:cool:

HitmanPro's protection and can even have more protection if configured properly.

Hitmanpro Alert only consume 2Mb memory...

King Alpha

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 21, 2013
HitmanPro, MBAM, and Zemana running the same time WILL cause conflicts eventually. I'd say to use Zemana as protection and HMP and MBAM for scanning.
I highly agree. HMP and MBAM are both good as an on-demand scanner not a real-time protection. Let Zemana run as your real-time protection. Its Pandora cloud analysis is top-notch.

JB007

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 19, 2016
This is the right place to discuss your security config. :)
Thanks frogboy:)
I was not sure because yesterday some answers of this thread has been moved for the reason : "Reason: Inappropriate place for this kind of discussion. please don't hijack the config thread of other people.":(

Hello I disable MBAM real time and, I'm not sure but I think that there are less Internet slowdown.
Zemana real-time and Emsisoft Internet Security are also both anti-malwares ; is it any risk of conflict ?
Are (Zemana + Emsisoft Internet Security + HitmanPro.Alert) only real-time protection enough ?
Thanks for your help:)

Last edited by a moderator:

JB007

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 19, 2016
I tried MBAM 3 real time but too much issues, so I uninstall it and will wait for a really stable version.
I'm disappointed because I like very much MBAM:(

Reactions: frogboy

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.