Not open for further replies.

JM Safe

Level 39
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 12, 2015
Hi everyone!! :)

I want to announce that JM Anti-Phishing is obsolete and not in development anymore, so welcome to the thread of my new project: JM Web Filter!
This project is intended to be useful for all, it is a portable application; and it is really light and simple to use.
JM Web Filter is a work-in-progress software, so there are still bugs/errors, so please wait while the development will improve the features of the software!
Here are some screenshots of JM Web Filter:

imgg.PNG

imgg1.PNG

imggg2.PNG

JM Web Filter - secure your web browsing. for free.

Comments are always welcomed. Thank you all! :)

Key Features:

• Block most recent phishing/malicious links and malicious IPs
  • Engines used: JM Web Filter engine and M1 Anti-Phishing engine. (Thanks @Malware1 )
  • Fast scan
  • "Clear" button, which can clean link input box
  • "Scan with VirusTotal" button
  • Multilanguage support
  • Scan log
  • Single Scan
  • Multiple Scan
  • Batch Scanning
Download it now!

TRANSLATIONS:

Well, the languages avalaible in JM Web Filter are:
Official Website: JM Security

Submit a malicious URL: Submit a malicious URL to JM Web Filter ~ JM Security

Team: (@JM Security ), @Rishi

JM Web Filter icon:

plainicon.com-45250-256px.png.png

UPDATE 01.09.2015 - JM ANTI-PHISHING 0.8.0 BETA RELEASED!

UPDATE 02.09.2015 - JM ANTI-PHISHING 0.8.1 BETA RELEASED!

UPDATE 03.09.2015 - JM ANTI-PHISHING 0.8.2 BETA RELEASED!

UPDATE 05.09.2015 - JM ANTI-PHISHING 0.9.0 BETA RELEASED!

UPDATE 06.09.2015 - JM Anti-Phishing 0.9.1 Beta RELEASED!

UPDATE 07.09.2015 - JM Anti-Phishing 0.9.2 Beta RELEASED!

UPDATE 08.09.2015 - JM Anti-Phishing 0.9.3 Beta RELEASED!

UPDATE 10.09.2015 - JM Anti-Phishing 0.9.4 Beta RELEASED!

UPDATE 11.09.2015 - JM Anti-Phishing 0.9.5 Beta RELEASED!

UPDATE 14.09.2015 - JM Anti-Phishing 0.9.6 Beta RELEASED!

UPDATE 05.10.2015 - JM Anti-Phishing 0.9.7 Beta RELEASED!

UPDATE 06.11.2015 - JM Anti-Phishing 0.9.8 Beta RELEASED!

UPDATE 24.11.2015 - JM Anti-Phishing 0.9.8 Beta (Newer version) RELEASED!

UPDATE 19.12.2015 - JM Anti-Phishing 0.9.9 Stable Version RELEASED!

19.2.2016 - JM Web Filter 1.0.0 Beta RELEASED!

21.02.2016 - JM Web Filter 1.0.1 Beta RELEAED!

07.03.2016 - JM Web Filter 1.0.2 Beta RELEASED!

19.03.2016 - JM Web Filter 1.0.2 Beta (New version) RELEASED!

02.04.2016 - JM Web Filter 1.0.3 Beta RELEASED!

Last edited by a moderator:

JM Safe

Level 39
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 12, 2015
Great project @Jo Man, I will be tuned on developments of your software.
Only one thing: the program is written in Java, and this requires a Java environment on your PC.
Maybe you could write it in C and make it executable (.exe).;)
I'll probably make the executable file, from the jar file, with specified softwares, such as a good compiler. ;)

Malware1

Level 76
Sep 28, 2011
I think that you should mention that it's PhishTank-based. It checks only the first page of their list, so it's not really good.

Reactions: Sr. Normal

JM Safe

Level 39
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 12, 2015
I think that you should mention that it's PhishTank-based. It checks only the first page of their list, so it's not really good.
For now it is phishtank-based but with the updates there will be others databases and a submitting system with a users' dedicated database, if a URL is not detected by my software.
In addition, I think that it is a bit useless check old links, also of 2-3 days ago, because the majority of times they are offline or dead(404).

Last edited:

Malware1

Level 76
Sep 28, 2011
In addition, I think that it is a bit useless check old links, also of 2-3 days ago, because the majority of times they are offline or dead(404).
There are added thousands of URLs to PhishTank daily. It's pointless to check only the first page because the URLs listed on it won't be detected anymore in some minutes due to frequent updates.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Well its better if you can extend to add as a detection monitoring tool for blocking any phishing sites through any browser as possible, since considering the programming language you had is already sufficient for hard coded implementation.

JM Safe

Level 39
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 12, 2015
Well its better if you can extend to add as a detection monitoring tool for blocking any phishing sites through any browser as possible, since considering the programming language you had is already sufficient for hard coded implementation.
Thanks for your advices, I think that in the next versions I'll completely change its mode of detection.
Thanks again, I really appreciate feedbacks, because I want to improve it as much as possible. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.