JM Web Filter (Developed by JM Security) - Discontinued

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malware1

Level 76
Sep 28, 2011
@Malware1: I think that the point number 4 is totally out of place.Is nature of this forum to analyze and review all kinds of software, but to say :

It is unfortunate. Nobody asked you to do a psychological profile of @Jo Man. You know I respect you, but I can not understand why you wrote it. You think "There's nothing offensive in that post". But I believe that yes, it is offensive. It's certainly not a sign of constructive and respectful spirit that we all enjoy here, in MT
I respect @Jo Man but I just wanted to give him good advice... But ok then, I will delete that part of the post if it really looks offensive for some people.

Reactions: Mops21
D

Deleted Member 333v73x

No offense but this program is totally useless as:

1. The scan takes ages.
2. I can't imagine anyone pasting each link and scanning it. People who heard about this program certainly know what's phishing and don't need to check links with a tool.
3. The idea with creating multiple program versions for each language is actually funny. I don't know Java but you certainly had some problems with developing multi-language support (what else would lead to such a choice?). Why don't you ask somebody for help?

Some suggestions:
1. Ditch Java.
2. Ditch the whole external phishing database scanning idea. Rely on my suspicious link feature list and try to analyze source pages (a non-paypal site isn't going to have PayPal's copyright info) to get a decent detection rate.
3. My tool should set an example for you. I don't mind if you copy it. Maybe it's not so effective, but it's more stable and polished (why does your app let the user scan empty links and claim they're malicious? There is some room for improvement).
With all due respect @Malware1 @Jo Man has made this in his own time, feel free to recommend things but you don't have the right to criticise his work.

JM Safe

Level 39
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 12, 2015
Hi everyone :)

I made a signature for all JM Anti-Phishing Users, just right click on it, copy the link and add the image to your signature, by using the link!
Here it is:

image.png

Thank you all!! ;)

JM Safe

Level 39
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 12, 2015
JM Web Filter is almost here!

-Working on JM Web Filter, it will not require Java anymore and it will be more stable and fast, the scan will take now 1 or 2 seconds and it will support the submitting system-

JM Web Filter will not use any external database anymore, but only JM Web Filter and M1 Anti-Phishing engines.

This is a first screenshot:

Cattura.PNG

New website: JM Web Filter

If you want to know more about it, please PM me (@Jo Man )!

Thank you everyone!

Dani Santos

From Xvirus
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jun 3, 2014
It will replace JM Anti-Phishing, and it will release as a stable version, but the multilanguage support will be avalaible from the 1.0.1 version.
I still think you should learn javascript and html and make a chrome extension. It is not that hard, you already have a good database and it would make it simpler to use. With the chrome extension done you could do for firefox and edge/ie too.

JM Safe

Level 39
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 12, 2015
How to run this software there is many java,s and bat files????

read this file only say that run BAT file but nothing happens

Good Work

Regards
CySecy825
Hello, unfortunately JM Anti-Phishing doesn't work anymore, because I closed the old website( http://jmanti-phishing.blogspot.it/ ) so, it can't connect to this site to check the automatic updates.

Thanks.

Last edited:

JM Safe

Level 39
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 12, 2015
I still think you should learn javascript and html and make a chrome extension. It is not that hard, you already have a good database and it would make it simpler to use. With the chrome extension done you could do for firefox and edge/ie too.
Thanks Dani for your advices, maybe I will think about it, but the point is that after JM Web Filter, I would like to start the development of a new software.

JM Safe

Level 39
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 12, 2015
Hi!

I want to announce that JM Web Filter 1.0.0 is now avalaible for download!
Please remember that it is still a software in development so there are still some bugs.

-Main thread updated-

Key Features:

• Block most recent phishing/malicious links and malicious IPs
  • Engines used: JM Web Filter engine and M1 Anti-Phishing engine. (Thanks @Malware1 )
  • Fast scan
  • "Clear" button, which can clean link input box
  • "Scan with VirusTotal" button
Here are some screenshots:

img1.PNG

img2.PNG

img3.PNG

Download it here: Downloads ~ JM Web Filter

New Website: JM Web Filter

New User Signature:

user.png

Thank you all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.