SmartScreen block it and look:

False Positive 2.PNG

ZAM and Norton don't like it either.

XavierGaming

Level 3
Verified
Oct 18, 2015
Recommendations:

1. Batch scanning, a method of scanning multiple URLs at once.
2. Integration of Hybrid Analysis (https://www.hybrid-analysis.com/).
3. IP resolver for further analysis, report, and prevention for 3rd party programs.
4. Adoption of Material design.
5. Complete conversion of project as it is written in Java.
6. Logging as well as the ability to clear logs.

Overall, this is something I would want to use for webpage analysis. Excellent program, @Jo Man! :D

EDIT: Is it possible to have this program run in some form of sandbox or appcontainer and analyze the webpage using cloud as well as some sort of HIPS/BB/Heuristics detection? If so, that would be one excellent and useful feature to have.

JM Safe

Level 39
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 12, 2015
Recommendations:

1. Batch scanning, a method of scanning multiple URLs at once.
2. Integration of Hybrid Analysis (https://www.hybrid-analysis.com/).
3. IP resolver for further analysis, report, and prevention for 3rd party programs.
4. Adoption of Material design.
5. Complete conversion of project as it is written in Java.
6. Logging as well as the ability to clear logs.

Overall, this is something I would want to use for webpage analysis. Excellent program, @Jo Man! :D

EDIT: Is it possible to have this program run in some form of sandbox or appcontainer and analyze the webpage using cloud as well as some sort of HIPS/BB/Heuristics detection? If so, that would be one excellent and useful feature to have.
Hello @XavierGaming !

Interesting suggestions indeed, I will think about them, anyway the software is not written in Java, it doesn't require it.
About the GUI I'm already thinking to make some graphic adjustments; and about the logs, I didn't understand what you mean. About Hybryd Analysis I don't want to use any external database, I only use the internal engine of JM Web Filter and M1 Anti-Phishing database, and in the future releases I will make some improvements about the scan engine.

Thanks for feedback ;)

If you want to know more about the future releases, please PM me.

JM Safe

Level 39
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 12, 2015

You can run it on a sandbox, yes, I think there wouldn't be any problems, the application would use the internal engine of JM Web Filter, but it would connect also to the submitting database site.

XavierGaming

Level 3
Verified
Oct 18, 2015
Hello @XavierGaming !

Interesting suggestions indeed, I will think about them, anyway the software is not written in Java, it doesn't require it.
About the GUI I'm already thinking to make some graphic adjustments; and about the logs, I didn't understand what you mean. About Hybryd Analysis I don't want to use any external database, I only use the internal engine of JM Web Filter and M1 Anti-Phishing database, and in the future releases I will make some improvements about the scan engine.

Thanks for feedback ;)

If you want to know more about the future releases, please PM me.

@Jo Man, Thank you for clearing out my misconceptions about this software. :D

As for the logs, what I meant is like a history of your webpage scanning. For example I scanned dozens of URLs and I want to find my history of scanning. I open up a log and it will say something like:

JM Web Filter logs:

2-29-16

somerandommaliciouswebsite1.com - 127.0.0.1 - Malicious
somelegitwebsite1.com - 127.0.0.1 - Legit
somelegitwebsite2.com - 127.0.0.1 - Legit

2-30-16

somelegitwebsite3.com - 127.0.0.1 - Legit
somerandommaliciouswebsite2.com - 127.0.0.1 - Malicious
somelegitwebsite4.com - 127.0.0.1 - Legit

2-31-16

Random error 092231x3132
*crash log*
*crash log*
*crash log*

This log may be opened by the user for more analysis and history viewing especially if you add the batch scanning.
A clever use of this is also to send these logs to your sever (If you have one hosted) and analyze errors and websites if there were any changes or so.

I hope you continue to improve your software more, @Jo Man. :D

JM Safe

Level 39
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 12, 2015
@Jo Man, Thank you for clearing out my misconceptions about this software. :D

As for the logs, what I meant is like a history of your webpage scanning. For example I scanned dozens of URLs and I want to find my history of scanning. I open up a log and it will say something like:

JM Web Filter logs:

2-29-16

somerandommaliciouswebsite1.com - 127.0.0.1 - Malicious
somelegitwebsite1.com - 127.0.0.1 - Legit
somelegitwebsite2.com - 127.0.0.1 - Legit

2-30-16

somelegitwebsite3.com - 127.0.0.1 - Legit
somerandommaliciouswebsite2.com - 127.0.0.1 - Malicious
somelegitwebsite4.com - 127.0.0.1 - Legit

2-31-16

Random error 092231x3132
*crash log*
*crash log*
*crash log*

This log may be opened by the user for more analysis and history viewing especially if you add the batch scanning.
A clever use of this is also to send these logs to your sever (If you have one hosted) and analyze errors and websites if there were any changes or so.

I hope you continue to improve your software more, @Jo Man. :D
Ok, I will provide the history logs for the next release (1.0.2)

L

LabZero

Thanks @Jo Man for provided me a preview of JM Web Filter version 1.0.2 Beta
Tested it and good impression:

Pro

-very good scan, heuristic improved : 9/10 malicious link detected:
-fast analysis
-multiLanguage
-scan log
-GUI

Cons

-the app doesn't restart after changing language
-no real time protection and/or batch scanning, multiple links

Cattura.PNG

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.