John Watson's Config

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

antreas

It's dangerous to test malware sample on Host PC

WOT extension was removed from firefox and chrome store because they was selling data to third parties! They are back now but if you check their privacy policy you will not like to use WOT anymore.

John Watson

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Dec 19, 2014
It's dangerous to test malware sample on Host PC

WOT extension was removed from firefox and chrome store because they was selling data to third parties! They are back now but if you check their privacy policy you will not like to use WOT anymore.

I know about their cookies, everyone tracks your browsing (ISPs). I'm not worried since I'm not doing anything illegal and their website warnings saved my bacon more than I can remember.

Reactions: aragornnnn

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
I want to make 2 suggestions.
First install a 3rd party firewall because in Win XP the firewall is not so strong as on Win 7 and later versions.
Second suggestion is to install a 3rd party AV that can a offer you better protection from the outdated MSE.
On the other hand if you have safe browsing habits you don't need to follow my suggestions;)

Thanks for sharing your config:)

M

MalwareBlockerYT

You are still on Windows XP & you use Microsoft Security Essentials.

Windows 7 or 10 isn't too expensive so you should probably eventually save up for that. Also I would recommend that you stop using Microsoft Security Essentials & use something like Emsisoft Anti-Malware or Internet Security once you upgrade your OS - Security Essentials is pretty terrible.

I would also recommend that you use Zemana Anti-Malware as Real Time for now as well as Demand & HitmanPro as a demand scanner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.