CyberTech

Level 44
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 10, 2017
1530179108_jv16_powertools.jpg

jv16 PowerTools is a PC System Utilities Software that works by cleaning out unneeded files and data, cleaning the Windows registry, automatically fixing system errors and applying optimization to your system.

Main tools:

The Clean and SpeedUp My Computer tool allows you to run the History Cleaner and File Cleaner simultaneously, displaying their results in a single results window. Other tools such as the Startup Optimizer, Registry Compactor and Windows AntiSpy can be activated at once while using the Clean and SpeedUp My Computer tool, depending on your preferences.

New tools:

Software that contain security vulnerabilities put your computer at great risk, as they can allow other malicious software or users to take control of your computer, which may lead to loss of important files or identity theft. The Check For Vulnerable Software tool scans your computer to look for installed software as well as left-over traces of old software containing known security vulnerabilities.

Windows AntiSpy allows you to disable Windows features that might have implications on your privacy. The tool is designed specifically for Windows 10 but many of its features are also available with other versions of Windows, make their use more private. In addition to privacy relating features, it also allows you to improve the user interface of Windows by adding or removing specific features as well as apply performance related tweaks.

Startup Timer measures the time your computer takes to start up. This tool also measures the impact that all of your automatically starting software have on the system startup to allow you to see exactly what is causing your computer to start slowly.

Pictures AntiSpy allows you to remove private metadata from your picture files. Using this tool you can safely remove private data such as camera model name, GPS location and time and date when the picture was taken and more relating private data from the digital photos for which you do not wish to store this information.

jv16 PowerTools 4.2.0.1919 bug fixes:
  • Fix: The Clean and SpeedUp My Computer or Initial Setup may take a very long time to complete, or does not complete at all.
  • Fix: Uninstalling certain software with the Software Uninstaller can make jv16 PowerTools to display “not responding” text in its window caption (this is a cosmetic issue only, and does not affect the actual uninstallation process.)
  • Fix: Uninstalling a software can cause a log file to be created at user’s home directory, instead of jv16 PowerTools installation directory.
  • Fix: If uninstalling jv16 PowerTools, the software’s background process (jv16pt_PreWorker2.exe) could remain running in the background and therefore not deleted during the uninstallation.
  • Fix: Uninstalling certain software can make the system to reboot, as jv16 PowerTools fails to select the “manually reboot later” option from the software’s uninstaller.
  • Fix: FileZilla was listed twice by the Software Uninstaller (as “FileZilla” and “FileZilla Client”)

Improvements
  • Improvement: Improved the safety and accuracy of the Software Uninstaller.
  • Improvement: Reduced the size of the installation file.

Download: jv16 PowerTools 4.2.0.1919

ChemicalB

Level 8
Verified
Sep 14, 2018
The reg cleaner module is based on the old Reg Supreme, the state of the art in my opinion.
I used it many years ago, it took many minutes to scan the registry finding hundreds of invalid entries but I never had a problem.

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Apr 27, 2018
wow JV16, I had totally forgot about this software from decades ago ... i may have to re-try & see how it compares to my WiseCare365

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
wow JV16, I had totally forgot about this software from decades ago ... i may have to re-try & see how it compares to my WiseCare365
Jst be careful as the registry cleaners in both have minor issues with false positives. If you're not careful they can delete needed registry keys.

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Apr 27, 2018
Jst be careful as the registry cleaners in both have minor issues with false positives. If you're not careful they can delete needed registry keys.
it'll be gone in a reboot / Shadow Mode.

thrillskr

Level 2
Verified
Dec 28, 2018
It's awesome! i bought it a few days ago, there was a promotion on BDJ. It's worth the money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.