HP OEM
CPU
AMD A10-8750 3.6ghz
GPU
A10-8750 Integrated 8 core gpu r7
RAM
12 gb DDR3
Storage
3 2tb drives plus 128 gb SSD from PNY. the other drives besides 1 2 tb drive isn't currently installed. getting external drive bays for them
Accessories
two 1tb External HDD for backup. Bang & Olufsen Sound

kaddy

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Jan 23, 2016
Old rig Needs repair, but would almost be as expensive as what i paid for this one. so i got this one. I intend on repairing it later on. Needed Replacement of the heatsink, PSU, and the CPU. The GPU wasn't failing, but the PSU would have caused destruction of all components, and had already damaged the ASUS motherboard, and the Water Cooler and CPU. The BIOS had also been messed up. RIP gaming rig... For now. It will rise from the ashes soon. I have 4 desktops, I am Just waiting for a place to put them, to where i can have a home File Server/ Entertainment and gaming rig. Not enough space for now, but i am keeping my components safe for now, until i can rebuild them. my other HP Phoenix needs Some thermal paste. The Gaming rig needs a complete rebuild. Was also my Video Editing System. But i plan on resurrecting it with intel components next. I have an old Desktop for malware testing, which had a Athlon k7. with XP, and 2gb ram, 28 gb HDD, and an NVIDIA TNT Riva 2.0. so counting it 4 desktops. That old Desktop's primary OS is going to be when i work with it, BunsenLabs Linux, or Crunchbang Linux Reborn. This desktop is really nice, and I like it so far.

Dani Santos

From Xvirus
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jun 3, 2014
Old rig Needs repair, but would almost be as expensive as what i paid for this one. so i got this one. I intend on repairing it later on. Needed Replacement of the heatsink, PSU, and the CPU. The GPU wasn't failing, but the PSU would have caused destruction of all components, and had already damaged the ASUS motherboard, and the Water Cooler and CPU. The BIOS had also been messed up. RIP gaming rig... For now. It will rise from the ashes soon. I have 4 desktops, I am Just waiting for a place to put them, to where i can have a home File Server/ Entertainment and gaming rig. Not enough space for now, but i am keeping my components safe for now, until i can rebuild them. my other HP Phoenix needs Some thermal paste. The Gaming rig needs a complete rebuild. Was also my Video Editing System. But i plan on resurrecting it with intel components next. I have an old Desktop for malware testing, which had a Athlon k7. with XP, and 2gb ram, 28 gb HDD, and an NVIDIA TNT Riva 2.0. so counting it 4 desktops. That old Desktop's primary OS is going to be when i work with it, BunsenLabs Linux, or Crunchbang Linux Reborn. This desktop is really nice, and I like it so far.
How much did you pay for it? Is the amd a10 any good for games like counter strike global offensive and league of legends?

kaddy

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Jan 23, 2016
580 about after tax. it performs decent.those games you mentioned would be no issue.

Dani Santos

From Xvirus
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jun 3, 2014
580 about after tax. it performs decent.those games you mentioned would be no issue.
Thanks, I was looking for a good computer for less than 400 to recommend to a friend. he just wants to play those games like dota 2, counter strike ect. So I found amd a10 and a8,but didnt find any good tests online.

kaddy

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Jan 23, 2016
Thanks, I was looking for a good computer for less than 400 to recommend to a friend. he just wants to play those games like dota 2, counter strike ect. So I found amd a10 and a8,but didnt find any good tests online.
this A10 runs games like l4d2 with no lag on max at 1920x1080, with 60fps or more. it is more than capable of resource intensive tasks. its multicore performance is about the same as the Intel I5. single core it does well also. it seems quite capable, and if you are looking for a powerful processor, for basic gaming needs, it runs games as well as the old radeon HD 6670 2gb. a little better actually, but for an Integrated GPU, will suit most peoples needs, and give them a good rig for video editing and some gaming, with this HP envy Windows desktop. all for right now on sale just under 600 dollars. the a8 is capable in its own right, but the A10 is certainly worth the money. it performs better and less hot than my liquid cooled fx 8320 ever did. with Stock heatsink, while playing games i like at max at 60fps, and that is a huge advantage for anyone wanting to try PC gaming as you mentioned you wanted to get into. the fact i can run L4D2 after updating my GPU driver, and immediately just hop in at max settings, besides adjusting my screen resolution for the game to 1920x1080, says a lot about the power of the GPU. I had an Intel rig, with HD Graphics, and it could not do much of anything gaming wise. performance for everyday use was excellent. However, if you believe you will be playing any games, or attempting to, and you are going for an inexpensive rig, the AMD A series would be the way to go. my dad has an A4 1.8 ghz quad core in his laptop, and it can handle basic gaming relatively well for an super cheap processor. I am a hard core gamer on pc with GPUs, my gpu was an r9 290, and pairing it or any crossfire enabled motherboard with a AMD Radeon Graphics card with crossfire capabilities if you custom build with this processor or any A series, you can use the GPU with the Onboard APU graphics to use crossfire capabilities and use the onboard and discreet gpu together.
All in all, I am happy with performance of this rig for the few days i have used it. On a side note, a lot of people have had issues with the APUs, all versions, and windows 10. going to AMD's website and downloading the driver for your OS, will solve all of it. the one that fixed it for me, was the newest crimson 16.1.x driver. it had a hotfix and was released this month. when i first used windows 10 it would flicker, as many other people experienced. after updating the driver, it works like a charm with no issues.

Reactions: Dani Santos

kaddy

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Jan 23, 2016
less than 400 the a6 or a8 would be worth a shot. a lower end cpu, with more than 4 gb of ram would be better than higher end with less ram. The ram makes a ton of difference when playing games.

Reactions: Dani Santos

Dani Santos

From Xvirus
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jun 3, 2014
less than 400 the a6 or a8 would be worth a shot. a lower end cpu, with more than 4 gb of ram would be better than higher end with less ram. The ram makes a ton of difference when playing games.
It's not for me. I have a intel i5 with a nvidia geforce and it runs well. But my friend wanted to just spend 450€ and I don't know If i should a recommend a overclocked pentium g3258 with a geforce or radeon (so later he can buy a i5) or a a10 and later he buys a graphic card.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.