Not open for further replies.

SearchLight

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 3, 2017
I have been running KAF and CFW/CS smoothly last few days.

I have been reading several postings in the forum that now recommend using a BB or Anti-Exe in addition to these two softwares for the best protection.

If KAF is minus the System Watcher but CFW is setup with CS would not this be sufficient protection with the Sandbox and Proactive Protection? CFW with Viruscope also has Recognizers(a Comodo word) to protect against Ransomware.

Would a BB or Anti-Exe really be necessary?

CFW also has a HIPS but CS has it turned off. I myself find that if you do not know what you are doing a HIPS can be be very confusing, and one could let malware through accidentally.

Thoughts?

Rengar

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 6, 2017
Just CF alone is more than enough...
If you want a more tight CF config go with Umbra's.

Reactions: Faybert

SearchLight

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 3, 2017
Many of you have suggested that KAF would be better enhanced if it had a BB.

I was looking at some old emails that I had, and I discovered that I had purchased a KAV license , a year ago but decided to remove that version of KAV at the time because of slow page loading, high resource useage, and constant delays in the opening of my programs.

After using KAF which is a stripped down version of KAV without System Watcher with no impact on my system, or clash with CF, I have decided to reinstall the key and use it, and enjoy the benefit of System Watcher to complement CF with CS. I think for now, with this version and SW, I have the best possible protection. I think Kaspersky might have also worked the bugs out to make the new version run smoother. Mind you, this is my own opinion. You might be experiencing different issues.

After the license expires, it reverts back to KAF it states, so if I decide not to renew, I still have the benefit of a decent free anti-virus.

Either way, I am so impressed with KAF that I decided to use the rest of my old key days to benefit from System Watcher.

Using KAF with CF is just as good, and if I did not find the old key, I would stick with this winning combo regardless.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.