Maintenance tools
CCleaner pro

Kalimirro

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Nov 29, 2013
Hello MT world,

I am not so paranoid about the security of my digital life, All in one, we have just to keep one eye about what we do on the Internet, trust & Ignorance are the most dangerous backdoors.

The golden rule : there is nothing in the Internet, that you can put your trust in...don't be a victim, use your brain, Learn, Act, Share... this is the power of our forum : malwaretips.com.

Best regards.

Last edited:

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Even if you're '..not so paranoid', sandboxing your browser with Sanboxie free www.sandboxie.com can be a sensible option.:)
Also, theirs is a motto similar to that of your configuration, "Trust No Program"!:D Thanks for sharing too!;)

Edit:
I will give it a try , thank you for your precious advice :p
You're welcome @Kalimirro . I wanted to mention one fact about browsing while contained in a sandbox. It's protection likewise renders all changes made (added extensions & browser updates) temporary, lasting only until the sandbox and all it's contents are deleted. Therefore changes you wish to keep must be made without sand-boxing. It's also a preferred way to test drive add-on extensions before deciding whether to commit to keeping those you like!:D

Last edited:

NSG001

Level 16
Verified
Nov 21, 2011
Very nice set up.
Many thanks for posting :)

I certainly agree with your Trust No One rule!

Reactions: Kalimirro

WinXPert

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jan 9, 2013
Don't trust the Alphabet soup. NSA, CIA, etc.

Reactions: Kalimirro

donetao

Level 20
Verified
Sep 7, 2014
I suggest you to keep another back-up and recovery solution other than the Windows' in-built one as it can be easily deleted/broken by malware these days.
Hi! I agree 100%. Can you recommend a 3rd party back up image program. I see that you did not mention one, so I won't.
Window's in-built leaves a whole lot to be desired IMHO. It sure can't contend with a 3rd party program.
It's very simple to use, but it's very simple and that's not good enough for me:rolleyes:

Aura

Level 20
Verified
Jul 29, 2014
Hi! I agree 100%. Can you recommend a 3rd party back up image program. I see that you did not mention one, so I won't.
Window's in-built leaves a whole lot to be desired IMHO. It sure can't contend with a 3rd party program.
It's very simple to use, but it's very simple and that's not good enough for me:rolleyes:

Paragon Backup and Recovery 2014 Free Edition seems to be one of the favorite software here on MalwareTips for that :

http://www.paragon-software.com/fr/home/br-free/download.html

Reactions: donetao

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
I like your configuration. "Trust No One" never gets old. Do you ever think about "Carrying a Big Stick"?:D

For added privacy, Chrome has a built in third-party cookie blocker.
Here's how to set it:
  1. Click the Chrome menu
    tgmsrPRh34tM4q0WYv7l-NNXDz7dqm7ftk8TyCEguoY30xkEg8lcw_ULI23ki9Q=w18-h18
    on the browser toolbar.
  2. Select Settings.
  3. Click Show advanced settings.
  4. In the "Privacy" section, click the Content settings button. Select "Block third-party cookies and site data"
    • After this you'll see
      chrome_95647_blocked_cookie.gif
      in the address bar whenever a cookie has been blocked.
    • You may also mark the circle "Keep site data only until browser is closed".

Kalimirro

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Nov 29, 2013
I like your configuration. "Trust No One" never gets old. Do you ever think about "Carrying a Big Stick"?:D

For added privacy, Chrome has a built in third-party cookie blocker.
Here's how to set it:
  1. Click the Chrome menu
    tgmsrPRh34tM4q0WYv7l-NNXDz7dqm7ftk8TyCEguoY30xkEg8lcw_ULI23ki9Q=w18-h18
    on the browser toolbar.
  2. Select Settings.
  3. Click Show advanced settings.
  4. In the "Privacy" section, click the Content settings button. Select "Block third-party cookies and site data"
    • After this you'll see
      chrome_95647_blocked_cookie.gif
      in the address bar whenever a cookie has been blocked.
    • You may also mark the circle "Keep site data only until browser is closed".

Done ! Thank you a lot.

2016-03-05_094807.jpg

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.