no backup
Risk factors
    • Gaming
    • Browsing to popular websites
    • Streaming audio/video content from shady sites
    • Browsing to unknown / untrusted / shady sites
    • Working from home
Computer specs
assemble gaming pc:- i7-6700 ,16gb RAM, gpu 1080 gtx+ 1TB HDD.
Notes by Staff Team
  1. This setup configuration does not have a backup plan. We strongly recommend to add a backup solution for your data so that you can restore it in the case of an emergency.
    Backing up allows the recovery of data that has been lost due of a malware attack (eg. ransomware) or a hard disk crash. In such events you might lose family photos, your music collection, documents, or financial data. Backups are fast and simple to perform so it should be done on a regular basis.

EndangeredPootis

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Sep 8, 2019
Add macrium reflect as a systembackup software, add a password or PIN when you login, get Onedrive or Google Drive for data backup, get a password manager such as LastPass or Bitwarden, add Malwarebytes, Hitmanpro or malwarebytes to your malware removal software, and finally remove Voodooshield as its overkill, and you should be good to go.

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
@kalisto :
  • AS already mentioned, to have EmSiSoft + VS + NVT OSA seems overkill...
  • You set UAC to Always notify.
  • As for "Disk Imaging Backup", You may add Macrium Reflect Free or AOEMI Backupper, both are free and reliably.
  • Consider also to rñun manual backups of important data to external devices, and/or in cloud services.
  • As for "Virus and Malware Removal Tools", You may add: MalWareBytes Free and HitManPro Free.
  • A PassWord Manager would be welcome also.
Please kindly reflect Your changes editing Your config, and announcing them here, thanks for sharing :giggle:

jerzy601

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 20, 2011
Emsisoft leave and OSArmor and uninstall VS.
shame to waste system resources.
VS in this setting is not needed.
but the decision is yours if you leave the VS or uninstall it.

LDogg

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
Very overkill setup and I wouldn't recommend this at all as some could conflict with each other, and you really need a backup solution such as Macrium Reflect, Ease Todo Backup or Aomei Backupper.

This is a really poor setup I'm afraid, something I would never recommend to any one else.

~LDogg

kalisto

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jan 30, 2017
Hi all,
lol
thanks for your advice guys

i've uninstalled voodoo sheild..now system is not heavy it is smooth like a butter.im very noob for security setup
answer to my questions :-
which one should i add mbam/hitman free or pro version?
and i dont have system utilities.
is os armor enough for protection?change settings or remain as it is?
if you have any other advice dont hesitate to tell me ..i dont mind!

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
I like your hardware. :) If you don't have one, have you considered installing an SSD and using your HDD for storage? Not as expensive any more. You'd have to reinstall Windows, though. But your system will be faster, believe me.

OSArmor: No one can suggest his/her rule set to you because your system is unique. It's a good idea to enable as many rules as possible while keeping the annoying fps to an absolute minimum and this is usually achieved via trial and error. There is an NVT OSArmor thread-- it has tons of info, you can search there and ask questions also.

System utilities: do you have any cleaners or optimizers? Hardware monitors like HWINFO or Afterburner? Things like that. Malwarebytes free is OK. So is Norton Power Eraser, another free scanner. (y)

Protomartyr

Level 7
Sep 23, 2019
Norton Power Eraser is a good tool but I wouldn't recommend it for someone who is new to security as it is very powerful and prone to false positives.
Malwarebytes Free does a decent job.
Emsisoft Emergency Kit and HitmanPro Free are also good second opinion scanners.
ESET Online Scanner is another good one (the most thorough) but is heavy.

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
Hi all,
lol
thanks for your advice guys

i've uninstalled voodoo sheild..now system is not heavy it is smooth like a butter.im very noob for security setup
answer to my questions :-
which one should i add mbam/hitman free or pro version?
and i dont have system utilities.
is os armor enough for protection?change settings or remain as it is?
if you have any other advice dont hesitate to tell me ..i dont mind!

Please kindly reflect Your changes editing Your config, and announcing them here, thanks for sharing!

Still You need data and system backups solutions...

kalisto

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jan 30, 2017
Hi guys
i am looking for cloud antivirus because i dint like malwarebyte and hitman.
Is it a good idea to run emsisoft and crystal security at the same time or would running two programs that offer real time protection conflict with each other?

oldschool

Level 81
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
Hi guys
i am looking for cloud antivirus because i dint like malwarebyte and hitman.
Is it a good idea to run emsisoft and crystal security at the same time or would running two programs that offer real time protection conflict with each other?

You have Emsisoft and OSA. You don't need another security app of any kind. You're all set as is. Please reflect changes and edit config above.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.