64-bit operating system; x64-based processor
    Security Updates
    Automatic Updates (recommended)
    User Access Control
    Always Notify
    Network Security (Firewall)
    Windows Defender Firewall
    Device Security
  • Windows Defender SmartScreen (Windows 10)
  • User Account
    Administrator
    Sign-in Accounts
    Malware Testing
    I do not participate in downloading malware samples
    Real-time Web & Malware Protection
    Windows Defender
    RTP - Custom security settings
  • Minor changes for Increased security
  • RTP - Details of Custom security settings
    Using System_Hardner and Novirusthanks OS Armor
    Virus and Malware Removal Tools
    None
    Browsers and Extensions
    Google Chrome:

Adguard
    Lastpass
    windows defender browser protection
    Checker Plus for Gmail
    Decentraleyes
    Privacy-focused Apps and Extensions
    Adguard with 4 main filters Base,annoyances, social widgets, Privacy
    Password Managers
  • Lastpass
  • Web Search
  • Google
  • System Utilities
    Disk Cleanup and storage sense configured for scheduled cleaning automatically
    Data Backup
    Windows file history turned on, windows backup and Windows System Image
    Frequency of Data backups
    Weekly
    System Backup
    System backup on HDD
    Frequency of System backups
    Regularly
    Computer Activity
  • PC Gaming
  • Online banking
  • Browsing web and email
  • Install new programs on a weekly basis
  • Watch movies and other entertainment content on the Internet
  • Download files from different sources
  • Office and work related tasks
  • Programming
  • Computer Specifications
    Lenovo Ideapad 510
    I5-7200U
    Intel HD 620/Nvidia 940Mx
    RAM -12GB
    240GB SSD and 1TB Toshiba HDD
    Full HD display

LDogg

Level 29
    Verified
    My advice:
    • Add Configure Defender to get the best out of your realtime protection with Window Defender
    • Add a Windows Firewall Platform software such TinyWall or Malwarebytes Window Firewall Control (Tinywall is ever so light on the system as well, installation file is less than 2MB)
    • With data backup, use a backup solution such as Macrium Reflect or EaseUS ToDo Backup Free, you can also use a cloud component for this in Dropbox or Google Drive

Everything is fairly spot on and love the simplicity of your machine! I will note well done for using Syshardener, you can also benefit from using the Window Firewall rules within the settings of this program too.

Thanks for sharing a great config with MWT!

~LDogg

Kantry123

Level 7
    Verified
    Looks good. Nice and simple.

I'm curious if Windows imaging has worked well for you in the past? Some users say they won't rely on it. I've never had to use it.
    Windows imaging has been greatly improved its time for everyone to check windows system image backup as Microsoft has greatly improved a lot a big shout out to Microsft for making Windows 10 a great and enjoyable experience.

thanks and regards
    Kantry123

Reactions: oldschool

Kantry123

Level 7
    Verified
    My advice:
    • Add Configure Defender to get the best out of your realtime protection with Window Defender
    • Add a Windows Firewall Platform software such TinyWall or Malwarebytes Window Firewall Control (Tinywall is ever so light on the system as well, installation file is less than 2MB)
    • With data backup, use a backup solution such as Macrium Reflect or EaseUS ToDo Backup Free, you can also use a cloud component for this in Dropbox or Google Drive
    Everything is fairly spot on and love the simplicity of your machine! I will note well done for using Syshardener, you can also benefit from using the Window Firewall rules within the settings of this program too.

Thanks for sharing a great config with MWT!

~LDogg
    yes i've followed several guides to configure Defender with advanced setting and can make it much more robust.

Will definitely consider Tinywall , I might have to learn how to operate it as I'm fairly New to this software.

Oh will defintely do it., I 've Onedrive 1TB access for students so i think i'll0 use it.

Thank you so much for your tip.

Thanks and Regards
    Kantry123

harlan4096

Level 61
    Verified
    Staff member
    Malware Hunter
    There are some complaints from users in forums about W10 Image System BackUp, saying it is broken, so I would consider also to use a 3rd party tool such as Macrium or AOMEI...

Also consider to use some second opinion scanner as on demand: HitMan.Pro Free, ZAM Free, MalwareBytes Free, even tweaking WD with NVT SH + OSA, there is always a chance to get undetected threats...

Thank for sharing :giggle:

Kantry123

Level 7
    Verified
    There are some complaints from users in forums about W10 Image System BackUp, saying it is broken, so I would consider also to use a 3rd party tool such as Macrium or AOMEI...

Also consider to use some second opinion scanner as on demand: HitMan.Pro Free, ZAM Free, MalwareBytes Free, even tweaking WD with NVT SH + OSA, there is always a chance to get undetected threats...

Thank for sharing :giggle:
    Thank you very much

LDogg

Level 29
    Verified
    yes i've followed several guides to configure Defender with advanced setting and can make it much more robust.

Will definitely consider Tinywall , I might have to learn how to operate it as I'm fairly New to this software.

Oh will defintely do it., I 've Onedrive 1TB access for students so i think i'll0 use it.

Thank you so much for your tip.

Thanks and Regards
    Kantry123
    No problem at all! If you need any help with Tinywall, just tag me in a post.

~LDogg