Advice Request Kaspersky 17.0.0.611(c) updates keeps failing

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pearl96

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Jan 14, 2017
I have installed KIS 2017 and I noticed that updates keeps failing to install! Is this a common issue with the current version?
KIS update failed.PNG

Update: this happens randomly. I mean sometimes the updates install successfully but most of the time they fail

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Now I have restarted Windows and Kaspersky is 17.0.0.611(d). But the update still shows "failed".

Thank you for the link! I believe that everything is set up correctly (time, no infections and no 3rd party antiviruses)
If I was you, I would post on the official Kaspersky forum about that issue

They should be able to help you troubleshoot it.

Pearl96

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Jan 14, 2017
If I was you, I would post on the official Kaspersky forum about that issue

They should be able to help you troubleshoot it.

Do they give support to trial version users?

@Pearl96: setup Your K2017 with this server:

disable the standard servers temporally, and try to update again manually.

Added note: I put inside the URL some spaces, delete them when setup Your K2017

Now the updates are installed properly after (d) patch! If run into this issue again I'll use the server you mentioned! Thank you very much for your help

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Do they give support to trial version users?
I have requested help over there many times, and they never asked me even once if I was on the trial version or not. I don't always get the email updates, when someone replies to my question, but someone always does.

Thank you all! Is this a common issue? Or it's just me
I never had this issue that you mentioned.
Maybe it is specific to your region.
Kaspersky updates are influenced by the region you live in.

Pearl96

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Jan 14, 2017
I have requested help over there many times, and they never asked me even once if I was on the trial version or not. I don't always get the email updates, when someone replies to my question, but someone always does.

I never had this issue that you mentioned.
Maybe it is specific to your region.
Kaspersky updates are influenced by the region you live in.

I live in Palestine near Israel

Still getting issue?

Everything seems OK so far. Thanks for asking :)

Pearl96

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Jan 14, 2017
As @shmu26 said, sometimes some KL server of region may have some temporal glitch, that's why I sent You geo1 :)

Can I rely on the server you posted I mean can I make it the default? Now there are no issues and I'll use the server you mentioned if the issue happens again. One more question (sorry for asking alot) does Kaspersky solve such issues (if they exist) in their patches?

Pearl96

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Jan 14, 2017
Yes, that server is completely trusted: Kaspersky Lab update servers

But I would enabled standard servers in Your K2017 if They works fine now, and disable geo1 :)
Thank you very much! Till now everything is working flawlessly! My day isn't that good hahaha now I could not receive 2FA code from Dropbox and I am not able to access my files hahahaha. Enough troubles for today

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.