Kaspersky 2014 issues and unsatisfactions

Status
Not open for further replies.

woomera

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Jan 15, 2012
yesterday i tried to remove my version kis 2013 and install 2014 and after several unsuccessful attempts i went back to 2013. the programs kept on crashing and never stayed open for more than 2-3 minutes.

whats more awful about this is that i found other people on their forum with same issue and commented on one of their posts about the issue, after couple of minutes i received an email that they have removed my post from the topic cause they didnt like it. it wasnt a hateful or rude post ust stated that its the buggiest AV i have ever used. but does it mean they should remove my post!?

anyway just wanted to share my experience with you guys here at MalwareTips. honestly i fee ashamed of myself for defending their products for more than 2 years!

Reactions: MiCanuck

bob974

Level 4
Verified
Feb 5, 2013
Thanks
I tested it and I found it too heavy and too long to quarantine all the malware samples...so No regret to let it down...

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
It's possible that they misinterpreted your post (ie. seen as non-constructive feedback). Have you replied back asking for an explanation why it was removed, apart from "didn't like it" and what rules (if any) were broken?

@bob974, would you say it took longer than MSE to remove threats quarantine? - That is, if you've tried MSE.

woomera

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Jan 15, 2012
even if its not constructive why removing one's impression from the public eye instead of trying to help their paying customer? just doesnt mean good business and along with bitdefender i will never use their products as well.

bob974

Level 4
Verified
Feb 5, 2013
Earth said:
It's possible that they misinterpreted your post (ie. seen as non-constructive feedback). Have you replied back asking for an explanation why it was removed, apart from "didn't like it" and what rules (if any) were broken?

@bob974, would you say it took longer than MSE to remove threats quarantine? - That is, if you've tried MSE.
@Earth : I did'nt use MSE but to treat malwares, I was impressed with the time it took to quarantine or remove malwares.
The detection is great but I was disappointed by his behavior.
Emsisoft, Eset, Avast are fast in the treatment of infections.
Now my choice go to Eset smart security, not the best but light and fast.

robin hood

Level 4
Verified
Dec 12, 2012
three days kaspersky is 2014 works very well on my old computer(9 years).Win7 x86 1.5GbRAM,2.4Ghz CPU celeron,160GB HDD(ATA).Works very well and I do not notice anything bad. In Web Anti virus(setting-WebAntiVirus-Kaspersky URL advisor is check ON all website except those specified) then surf internet is very slow.Just stay ON specified Website only and then everything is fine and no problem.I tested Kaspersky on EICAR and everything is blocked.I really like it and the easier it is from 2013.(sorry for bad English)

Spirit

Level 2
May 17, 2012
Tried 2014 version on clean pc yesterday and its heavy as hell.
Heavier than 2013 version.
G-Data on same machine is lighter than kis
//Uninstalled

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Can you define 'Heavy' in terms of Kaspersky?

Spirit

Level 2
May 17, 2012
Earth said:
Can you define 'Heavy' in terms of Kaspersky?

I have use word Heavy for kaspersky because...

1.. Boot Time increases by few seconds.
2.. Other software respond and work slow like ccleaner and 7zip
3... Browser"s start up a bit slow and web browsing is also effected.
4... Lots of Ram usage even during idle approx 80-90 k

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Many 3rd-party security solutions add seconds to boot time, a few seconds would be average?

With the CCleaner and 7Zip executables, you can exclude them from the AV, because they're scanning through a lot of the system, so the AV will be checking. I noticed a similar thing with MSE/WD, so exclusions help prevent the program slow down.

Browser slows down because of the crap extensions they've added, you can choose not to enable them.

RAM usage doesn't mean heavy, example, ESET.

woomera

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Jan 15, 2012
ok so i saw another post related to kis 2014 and posted a comment last night. this morning i got a warning from a moderator for Trolling and they moved my post now i wanna ask you guys opinion on my post, here's the screenshot:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/435242/kis-post.PNG

was it really trolling in your opinion? i thought maybe i dont understand the meaning of it.

im beginning to understand how their forum works, just like their country anyone who says anything opposite what the system wants they gets shut down.

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Apr 17, 2011
woomera said:
ok so i saw another post related to kis 2014 and posted a comment last night. this morning i got a warning from a moderator for Trolling and they moved my post now i wanna ask you guys opinion on my post, here's the screenshot:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/435242/kis-post.PNG

was it really trolling in your opinion? i thought maybe i dont understand the meaning of it.

im beginning to understand how their forum works, just like their country anyone who says anything opposite what the system wants they gets shut down.

The possibility that truth hurts, the Kaspersky moderators are most likely loyal fanboys towards their product and any sign (minor or large) of knocking their products and you'll get warned and then eventually banned if you keep giving negative feedback they don't like, I know of 2 other forums that also do the same. They're not worth your time if they pull stunts like this especially if you're a paying customer. It's all about how you word things. If you have posted this thread on their support section you would have surely been warned or banned.

What good is a company if they refuse to comply with negative feedback about real issues with their products?

Thanks.

woomera

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Jan 15, 2012
yes my point exactly. would you please name the other two support forum you know of? these things are important to me and detection rates and software quality falls after so i wanna know not to pay company's like this anymore.

so far bitdefender and kaspersky falls into that category.

Amiga500

Level 12
Verified
Jan 27, 2013
Well i have KIS 2013 installed and its very snappy and fast with no slowdowns at boot up or shutdown.

There must be an awful amount of screwed up computers on here.it could be conflicts with other software etc which is causing slowdowns for other users.

aztony

Level 9
Verified
Oct 15, 2013
Amiga500 said:
Well i have KIS 2013 installed and its very snappy and fast with no slowdowns at boot up or shutdown.

There must be an awful amount of screwed up computers on here.it could be conflicts with other software etc which is causing slowdowns for other users.

Curious, this was your comment yesterday. How do you define heavy?
okay im back with CIS as kaspersky is too heavy.
http://malwaretips.com/Thread-COMODO-6-3-302093-2976

Amiga500

Level 12
Verified
Jan 27, 2013
i disabled approximately 20 unneeded services.
i disabled the idle scan and rootkit scan.

Also i used regedit and regscanner plus regseeker to clean out residue of prior security application.

performed a clean install of kaspersky and after 2 days it runs like a charm.
Its heavy when first installed but after a while it runs really light.

I had not performed any of the aforementioned actions when i last attempted to install kaspersky.

I ran computer management as an administrator and opened device manager .
I clicked "show hidden devices" and removed a load of redundant network residue drivers.

Next i ran autoruns and deleted any non existent autorun files.
I then rebooted twice and everything runs dandy.

Thanks.

rebel4life

Level 9
Verified
Sep 30, 2012
is there a any diffience in online install of KIS 2014 and a CD because i can get KIS 2014 for $12.00 at a staples store near me

woomera

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Jan 15, 2012
rebel4life said:
is there a any diffience in online install of KIS 2014 and a CD because i can get KIS 2014 for $12.00 at a staples store near me

youre not actually paying for the CD but for the KEY inside it so no there's no difference. you can get the installer from anywhere and just use the key you have.
and that doesnt just apply to kaspersky ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.