Battle Kaspersky 2015 v AVG Internet Security 2015 - Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

np123

Thread author
Nov 14, 2014
Hi there,

I have a KIS 2015 license and I also have an AVG IS 15 License. I've used Avira free in the past.

KIS 2014 I found to be a massive resource hog and had to uninstall it from my parents PC and replaced it with AVIRA free, which sped things up massively.

I now have an AVG Internet Security 2015 license, and I noticed Kaspersky is now 2015.

Which one would you recommend, or which other?

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

Ali80

Level 5
Verified
Nov 13, 2014
KIS will protect you better. But...it is resource hog. I mean look at the memory and CPU threads and handles... After fresh install of W7 32 bit it is like 380 MB memory 5500 handles and 250 threads. After i install Kaspersky numbers increase a lot: 550 MB memory 12000 handles and 600 threads. It's crazy. AVG is lighter, but sometimes it look like game, optimizer or something like that. I recommend ESET NOD32 or Avira Pro or Emsisoft AM

Last edited:

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
My suggestion is to tried them both for a week ( of course i mean 1 week KIS and next week AVG) and decide for your self which one is better, which is lighter,has best detection etc;):)

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Protection and Features: KIS
Resource usage: AVG
Overall winner: In protection yes KIS, but performance AVG however try some alternatives like mentioned by others if you feel worried on the feedbacks. Again everything will be change when test to your system.

R

rkkdjb

try KIS 2015 not at all a resource hogger...only while scanning it will take up ur resources otherwise it wont be such a PITA
also between those two options, i wud always go for Kaspersky :)
for kaspersky on my W8.1 x64 with latest kaspersky, background idle res usage is 40-60mb only.

np123

Thread author
Nov 14, 2014
Ok great, thanks everyone. I would buy ESET as i used it years ago, but cant find any good deals on it, and as I get Kaspersky free i might as well use that.

Unless anyone can point me to ESET cheap?

Reactions: tonibalas
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.