Advice Request Kaspersky 2016 and Windows 10 build 10586 compatibility?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maxxx58

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Dec 20, 2014
Hi everyone,
Have a nice day!
I'm facing problem with Kaspersky Total Security 2016 and Windows 10 build 10586. When I turn my computer on, it said that both Kaspersky and Windows Defender turned off. But when I check, Kaspersky seems normally (open app windows normally, check and update virus databases normally, check task manager and see Kaspersky services). What's problem with Kaspersky on Windows 10 build 10586, it has no problem with build 10240 before. Is there anyone facing this problem, too?
vOvoAsK.png

Windows 10 build 10586 has lots of bugs with me. So disappointed with Microsoft!

Maxxx58

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Dec 20, 2014
A new patch D for 2016MR0c is being tested to give again W10 TH2 support and its new kernel modifications.

I'm testing new upcoming KTS2016MR1 beta (last one 16.0.1.351) in W10 Pro TH2 x64 and working so fine/stable here... I hope RC coming soon.
Can you expect when it will be released? it's better if it's released immediately when TH2 update is available

Reactions: Der.Reisende

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
Yes, this would be the best, but I guess until TH2 is released Kaspersky can't know the final and real log of changes... also We all know that Kaspersky NEVER gives support to beta versions, always waits until final/official is released to give support...

Maxxx58

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Dec 20, 2014
Yes, this would be the best, but I guess until TH2 is released Kaspersky can't know the final and real log of changes... also We all know that Kaspersky NEVER gives support to beta versions, always waits until final/official is released to give support...
ESET is same here, HIPS always has problems with new Windows version. But TH2 is released over 10 days. It's too late of Patch D :D

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
Yeah, You are right, Kaspersky Patches always come a bit late and takes long :mad:

Reactions: Maxxx58

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
If none of the possible "workarounds" of my previous link worked for You, just ignore it and wait for Patch D, I hope They release soon.

MiguelPratas819

Level 2
Verified
Jul 8, 2015
Windows 10 build 10586 has been out for.....not even a month man.....I believe the problem is not only Windows 10 but also the Antivirus itself.
If in a few days/weeks the problem isn´t solved yet just change the OS or the Antivirus.
Note: Sorry bad english

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Considering the case, it seems Kaspersky as the problem itself; rarely when action center is broken due to numerous changes occur.

SloppyMcFloppy

Level 13
Verified
Sep 12, 2015
Considering the case, it seems Kaspersky as the problem itself; rarely when action center is broken due to numerous changes occur.

This also happen to Emsisoft too as Action Center won't recognize Emsisoft. But soon, they fix it in the next 2 days after they receive report. Also, i don't think this is incompatibility, it just Action Center and Kaspersky have a little hiccup of making friendship.

Reactions: XhenEd

XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
There's also no problem with me like that. I'm using KIS 2016 in a Windows 10 10586 build.

Reactions: hamo and Maxxx58

hamo

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Mar 30, 2014
You should know that , to get perfect machine Kaspersky forum advice to :

- install its product after install all Windows 10 update completey ( several restart PC needed )

- OR , Disconnect your internet while installing Windows 10 , after successfully install Win 10 ( without internet connection ) , install Kaspersky product , restart PC , connect your internet connection , update Kaspersky , restart PC . DONE .

I did 2ed option , every thing is perfect , ;)
Whole machine under control by KIS before any internet connection + I turned on " Trusted Application Mode "

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
It seems some users (not all) are having some issues with W10 TH2 update and Kaspersky 2016 MR0, every system is a different world... I hope upcoming Patch D for 2016MR0 will fix the issues, and also soon the upcoming 2016MR1...

Reactions: XhenEd and Maxxx58

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
@Maxxx58, try the following:
1.- Service 'Windows Management Instrumentation' stopping (not disable!).
2.- Delete the folder 'repository' in 'C:\Windows\System32\WBEM\'. (Generated automatically later when you reboot again).
3.- Reboot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.