Kaspersky 2018 does not update automatically

Status
Not open for further replies.

ras74

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
May 11, 2014
Hi Kaspersky 2018 does not automatically update and support is not at all responsive to these problems

Sunshine-boy

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2017
Ye the same problem here ( just tried the last beta last night).
Changed the Dns=didnt work
Used vpn=didnt work
Updated manully=didnt work!

Reactions: brambedkar59

Sunshine-boy

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2017
So keep updating it manually!anyway it doesn't matter because the Kasper sky cloud is strong and you don't even need signature:D

Reactions: brambedkar59

SherKaan

Level 12
Verified
Mar 17, 2014
The Kaspersky tech support is the worst in the world. I had the same problem and someone on the support forum asked me to open a support ticket. I did exactly that, and after a week or so with those incompetent ignorant fools continuously asking me to provide GSI and Update logs, I was consequently given the solution: "please, reinstall your application!" It was ultimately so frustrating for me that I had to close the ticket knowing I won't get the desired result.

Anyway, coming to your problem, I fixed it with the update server address: hxxp://130.117.190.141/ (replace xx with tt).

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
We can't say in general KL Support is the worst, since there is not only "1 Support Team" but many Supports ones depending on the countries and countries regions assigned, and of course the issue maybe escalated to Moscow, then Your case will be checked by the main Russian Tech Support :)

So We can conclude that there are some KL Supports, depending on the countries/world regions that are not so good ;)

ras74

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
May 11, 2014
We can't say in general KL Support is the worst, since there is not only "1 Support Team" but many Supports ones depending on the countries and countries regions assigned, and of course the issue maybe escalated to Moscow, then Your case will be checked by the main Russian Tech Support :)

So We can conclude that there are some KL Supports, depending on the countries/world regions that are not so good ;)
My poor Kaspersky Support I opened the ticker for the problem that was created, but without closing my problem, the ticket was closed.
The last answer was, without solving the problem, the ticketing was closed
Thank you for contacting Kaspersky Lab Technical Support. I apologize for the issue that you have been having, and I want to help you to get this solved.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Have a great day!

SherKaan

Level 12
Verified
Mar 17, 2014
@harlan4096 That wasn't the first time I experienced their bullshit. They are always clueless and all they do is just copy/paste same stuff over and over again.. They are the worst in the world!

Reactions: harlan4096

ras74

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
May 11, 2014
The weakest support is Kaspersky. After 4 days, say twice, collect the Tracas and send, and each time the support is changed and I do not solve my problem.

Reactions: SherKaan

Berny

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Oct 14, 2016
Also - and this suggestion is only for the gamers - did you try to disable the Full Screen option in Kaspersky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.