Kaspersky 365\KAV\KIS\KTS [MR1]: 16.0.1.445 RC

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 2913

Have they added any proactive protection in free version?

harlan4096

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
I'm not sure, but I don't think so, maybe Heur + KSN (in Russian):

Kaspersky Free Anti-Virus 16.0.1.445 RC скачать бесплатно - Бета продукты - Comss

Translated info from Russian:
Kaspersky 365 1/4 - free Kaspersky Anti-Virus (Kaspersky Antivirus Free), offers file protection in real-time, Web Anti-Virus, IM and e-mail anti-virus, as well as cloud-based Kaspersky Security Network technology

* Warning!Beta-version of the program may become unstable.It is intended for advanced users only. Beta testing - intensive use almost finished version of the program in order to identify the maximum number of errors in its work for subsequent elimination before the final exit (release).

**IMPORTANT:Activate free license for 365 days only in the territory of the Russian Federation.

Program Description
Kaspersky 365 1/4(Kaspersky Antivirus Free) - a free anti-virus and web protection in real-time cloud technologies.

The solution includes all the necessary components to ensure basic protection for your PC, important data and online activity on the Internet from the latest threats.

From Eugene Kaspersky (founder of "Kaspersky Lab"):

This product is free, but not full of holes.The protection from malware compromises are unacceptable and it is just a product for which we do not be ashamed. It is built on the same technology as the paid personal products, which occupy the top places in independent tests. Without the surveillance of the user for advertising and trade its confidentiality. No such garbage - only protection.

The main difference between Kaspersky 365 1/4 of the paid products "Kaspersky Lab" - limited functionality.But limited enough to provide quality basic protection which is sufficient to counter the most common threats. Do not blame me: all the extra features will sell as before, because programmers salary costs for infrastructure and technology development and other expenses while nobody canceled.

Kaspersky will be 365 1/4 only in Russian.As a result of "pilot" will distribute the product in other cultural environments, and in the future - at the global level.

Main features of Kaspersky 365 1/4
File Anti-Virus

File Anti-Virus Kaspersky 365 1/4 prevents infection of computer's file system.The component starts upon startup of the operating system, continuously remains in the computer's RAM, and scans all opened, saved or run files on your computer and all connected drives.

Mail Anti-Virus

Mail Anti-Virus scans incoming and outgoing e-mail messages on your computer. Letter sent will be available only if it contains hazardous objects.

Web Anti-Virus

Web Anti-Virus intercepts and blocks scripts on websites if these scripts are a threat to computer security. Web Anti-Virus in Kaspersky 1/4 365 also monitors all web traffic and blocks access to dangerous Web sites.

IM-Virus

IM-Virus provides security while working with IM-clients. The component protects information that comes to your computer via IM-client protocols. IM-Virus ensures safe operation of various programs designed for instant messaging.

Participation in Kaspersky Security Network

To improve your computer's protection, Kaspersky 365 1/4 uses protection from the cloud. Protection from the cloud infrastructure is implemented using Kaspersky Security Network, uses data received from users all over the world.

Last edited:

harlan4096

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
:eek::eek::eek:
Sin_t_tulo.png

Online_Sword

Level 12
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 23, 2015

@harlan4096 , you have ever mentioned that in the future, the major version updates of Kaspersky will no longer need to manually uninstall the old version first. Could you check whether this is implemented in the released version of MR1? Thank you.:)

harlan4096

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
I think that announce is a bit ambiguous o_O:confused:... I'd would say better "beta testing has finished" :D

He didn't talk about when will be released, still no final installer for 2016MR1, so I would take it with pins...

Every new release always/usually takes time, so I think We'll have the official release probably for January 2016.

I still have no info about auto-update feature...

About KFA (K. Free Anti-Virus)... only Russian and Chinese languages have been tested, but We all know that others languages installers were available maybe for internal testing, still don't know Kaspersky's marketing/releasing strategy about KFA...

harlan4096

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
Maybe Sher is talking about 2016MR1 in general, this is as always was in the past, since beta testing finished it will take some weeks until the release... so be patient :)

Kantry123

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Oct 20, 2014
If anybody wants LIVE INSTALLERS OF KASPERSKY MR1 request here...ONlY english!!

regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.