Kaspersky Antivirus Free gone?

RejZoR

Level 15
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 26, 2016
I've just noticed that download page for Kaspersky Antivirus Free doesn't work anymore.

Even the page with comparisons compares versions with FREE version, but the FREE version doesn't even have a download button below.

Scroll down below at:

Either it's some weird stuff going on because I block all the tracking crap and Kaspersky site somehow depends on that or they really removed it. Can anyone confirm?

It seems almost like Kaspersky has replaced it with Kaspersky Cloud Free...

Windows_Security

Level 24
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 13, 2016
And EU version? Even of KFA 2019, but 2020 is of course desired...

Well you were an Avast fan and turned into a critic, so I guess they started to block you because you were to positive

1564769391575.png

:)

RejZoR

Level 15
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 26, 2016
Well you were an Avast fan and turned into a critic, so I guess they started to block you because you were to positive

View attachment 218011

:)

I get to that page too since I have links on my blog. But when I click DOWNLOAD NOW it just does nothing.

I have Kaspersky Cloud 2020 installed, but it's terrible. Bitching about all the extras they have that I don't want ANY of them. And for some reason my CPU doesn't have the virtualization they want for some reason, even though all other apps can use virtualization that I have. Bizarre product...

RejZoR

Level 15
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 26, 2016
That stupid perpetual un-ignorable warning in Kaspersky Cloud made me uninstall the damn thing. It's stupid to then show the warning alt he time so you never know what's actually wrong. Retarded design. Back to freaking Windows Defender heh...

F

ForgottenSeer 72227

That stupid perpetual un-ignorable warning in Kaspersky Cloud made me uninstall the damn thing. It's stupid to then show the warning alt he time so you never know what's actually wrong. Retarded design. Back to freaking Windows Defender heh...
To be honest, it's these annoyances that have driven me away from pretty much most 3rd parties. Theres a very short list that I actually would use if needed, but WD has improved quite a bit on so many fronts that I don't see the need for 3rd parties anymore IMO. More stable and far less annoyances. Strengthen it up with Configure Defender and add something like Syshardener, OSA, VS, or H_C and you would have a very strong, setup with minimal annoyances IMO. Not to mention free and built in, in some cases (Syshardener and H_C). (y)

Venustus

Level 59
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
Which warning would that be? I have KSC too.
I have Kaspersky Cloud 2020 installed, but it's terrible. Bitching about all the extras they have that I don't want ANY of them. And for some reason my CPU doesn't have the virtualization they want for some reason, even though all other apps can use virtualization that I have. Bizarre product...
This.

You need the paid version for those extra features which is worth it.

RejZoR

Level 15
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 26, 2016
This.

You need the paid version for those extra features which is worth it.

It's not even paid features. It's just bunch of crap in the free version that Kaspersky desperately shoves in my face. The last one was the nagging and permanent notification about hardware not having virtualization even though I do have it and has worked perfectly fine for every single app in existence that wanted one. Just not Kaspersky.

DeepWeb

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 1, 2017
Having KTS 2020, I don't understand why people use KFA when you get KSC Free. It's 98% of KTS except for a few switches and less bloatware which are both useless. Once my KTS 2020 expires, I will just stay with KSC Free. Kaspersky is giving consumers way too much for free with that version but I'm not complaining at all. :D

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
If we may believe latest AV-test , Windows defender does the job pretty well (better than avast, McAfee...) so no need for KFA as well ;)
it might be applicable for us but for average users who don't read any information about security, it's a completely different story
infections can be found everyday in computer repair shops with any AV

by the way, I trust AV-C and MRG more than AV-test. I always find something not right about their tests

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.