Kaspersky AV 2017 - SSL connection/invalid certificates

Status
Not open for further replies.

smokeyjoe

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Dec 25, 2016
Sometimes when I open up Firefox (in Sandboxie) I get a warning from KIS - SSL connection with invalid certificate detected.

These are the 3 certificates that I've seen fire the message:

secure.informaction.com
Issuer: Let's Encrypt Authority X

*.us-west.moz.works
*.cdn.mozilla.net
Issuer: DigiCert SHA2 Secure Server CA

*.google.com
Issuer: Google Internet Authority G2

I always select "disconnect" and it doesn't seem to affect my web browsing. Has anyone else seen this? I've read that KIS isn't compatible with Sandboxie, so maybe that's the issue?

I also use DNSCrypt, not sure if that is complicating this further.

Any input is appreciated, thanks.

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
I think K2017 (even after patch C) still has some compatibility issues with SandBoxie, I'm also getting secure connection issue if I try to open FF with SB, but Chrome seems to works well even getting also a warning...

Try to disable DNSCrypt temporally, but I'm not using it and getting also the secure connection issue in FF + SB...

smokeyjoe

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Dec 25, 2016
I think K2017 (even after patch C) still has some compatibility issues with SandBoxie, I'm also getting secure connection issue if I try to open FF with SB, but Chrome seems to works well even getting also a warning...

Try to disable DNSCrypt temporally, but I'm not using it and getting also the secure connection issue in FF + SB...

Thanks for sharing.. at least I'm not the only one lol

It's weird because it doesn't happen all the time.

smokeyjoe

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Dec 25, 2016
I changed Kaspersky to "always scan encrypted connections" - broke my Sandboxie'd FF.. every site was "insecure" but would run just find outside of the Sandbox.
So I changed it back to the middle option "scan encrypted connections upon request.. blah blah" - and I can again run FF Sandboxed just fine.. though I will still get the popups from Kaspersky as mentioned in my first post.

Harlan, I see your name a lot in older posts on the Kaspersky forums for this issue.. which leads me to believe this issue is not and probably won't get fixed for a while! Wish I'd done more research on this before using KAV!

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.