RTQMARK

Level 2
I buy my yearly Kaspersky new keys from Amazon UK and was wondering if it really matters from which year you buy it from.

What I mean is I always buy Kaspersky Internet Security, but does it matter if it's 2017 or 2015?
I just need the key as I always download the most recent version from their website.

Thanks!

Reactions: PCGamer and SHvFl

Robbie

Level 28
Verified
Content Creator
Hi @RTQMARK, of course the program version is important. On every new version, huge patches are implemented, new additions and protection layers are added, and more features are released. Kaspersky every year releases a new product version because it basically that: a new product. If every year the product was the same, they wouldn't release a whole new product.

Addition: if you buy a 2015 version key, i don't really think it will be useful when upgrading to lastest version...

RTQMARK

Level 2
Hi @RTQMARK, of course the program version is important. On every new version, huge patches are implemented, new additions and protection layers are added, and more features are released. Kaspersky every year releases a new product version because it basically that: a new product. If every year the product was the same, they wouldn't release a whole new product.
Yes you are right, but as I mentioned on the first post I always get the new version from their website anyway so I'm always up to date.
The question is does it matter if I get a license key for Kaspersky Internet security 2015 or Kaspersky Internet security 2017? I won't use the cd that comes with it, just the key and the keys from 2015 are much cheaper but they should still active the 2017 product, right?

Reactions: PCGamer

RTQMARK

Level 2
Kaspersky keys in theory follow the rule -1/+3:

If You buy a 2016 key, then You can use it with 2015 and with 2017,2018 & 2019 versions...

Also check: How to migrate between different Kaspersky Lab products
Thanks that's what I was looking for. A cd with a key for 2016 is cheaper than one for 2017 so it should be OK.

NOTE: sorry for the double post, but I only saw this reply after answering the previous one :(

RTQMARK

Level 2
Also, just out of curiosity, does anyone know why a 1 year license for 3 PC's of KIS is around 17£ on Amazon UK, but around 60€ on their official online store???

I know there's a difference between the £ and the € Forex, but the price difference is just ridiculous.

Reactions: PCGamer
W

Wave

If every year the product was the same, they wouldn't release a whole new product.
Plus, if every year the product was the same, it'd become obsolete and ineffective due to evolving malware.

W

Wave

Also, just out of curiosity, does anyone know why a 1 year license for 3 PC's of KIS is around 17£ on Amazon UK, but around 60€ on their official online store???

I know there's a difference between the £ and the € Forex, but the price difference is just ridiculous.
Can you post the link so I can see?