Kaspersky combined with Eset 8 is it ok?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jen900

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Aug 24, 2014
last month Kaspersky block my 3 years key luckily they listen on my explanation so they give me a new key
proof:
2upskky.png

I want to combined the two Av running in my windows 8.1

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
In this situation you wanted to happen, expect issues cause again its useless to have two AV's. They will conflict with drivers, components, lastly slowdowns nothing will increase the protection with this type of configuration.

Even you turn off vice versa the features of both AV its makes everything complicated.

I suggest to try Qihoo if you want multi engines. :)

ifacedown

Level 18
Verified
Jan 31, 2014
If you could rightly configure them, yes they could run side-on-side. One will provide realtime on-access protection (creation and modification of files) while the other only on execution. Check out Umbra's Guide on how to run two Antivirus products. But again, the additional protection would be so minimal, if not, nothing at all.

If you want two AVs to run, then choose MBAM Pro or WebRoot as they are designed to be complementary AVs.

Reactions: jen900

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Both Kaspersky and ESET will have you remove the other program before it will allow installation.However there is really no need to have these running side by side.The impact on your systems resources would be major thats if you even got past the conflicts and possible BSOD's. If you have more than one PC I would suggest using each one separately on its own machine. They are both good but there is no real advantage to running them side by side.I agree WSA & MBAM running realtime is a better solution than running both these Security programs together.Although I personally feel either one will provide adequate protection on its own.I prefer using on demand scanners and Sandboxie with one security suite or AV & Firewall .

Oxygen

Level 44
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
Seeing as you want to run two antivirus suites tells me you get infected often, I don't recommend you running two of them as it will only cause more issues.

The things you can do is

- Pick one antivirus
- Pick one on-demand scanner

After you have done that you should be well protected.

Last edited:

darko999

Level 17
Verified
Well-known
Oct 2, 2014
There are some second layer protection AV's you can run alongside your main Antivirus, and even so it's not essential at all. A single AV soulution is good enough. But running Kaspersky and ESET even with both well configured will result in an excessive amount of data being read by both AV's. It will stress your HDD and you'll lose performance in many ways you won't like. Both ESET and Kaspersky are capable of protecting you very well.

Last edited:
Reactions: VladDracul

Anupam

Level 21
Verified
Well-known
Jul 7, 2014
Use Any one of them. Both individually provides almost same protection. Together they might conflict with each other and consumes extra system resources.

So anyway. If you are using only one of them, you may share the other key with one good MalwareTips member ( for example like ME :p).

Raul90

Level 14
Feb 5, 2012
There is no need to use Kaspersky and Eset at the same time. Both will conflict with each other (even if you managed to exclude their respective process' from each other) and may result to drawbacks in system performance. The guys have already stated that either one can protect you efficiently and effectively. That is inching towards over-protection(security wise) or you just want to use both licenses...
Just trust one of them. Configured properly you'd be good to go. Either way you can't go wrong with any of them(again "if" configured properly --because if not then what's the use!) For the other if yo want to use the "not chosen", you could always gift it to a friend or make a second partition and use it there. Good luck girl!

jen900

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Aug 24, 2014
Thank you so much for all the advices, I love those two anti-virus we'll I will choose Kaspersky and esetv security 8 we'll be install in our family desktop pc , last time I always get infected with back door virus, thank you all @

Reactions: dvault

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
It's like continuing to eat even when you're full. :D The best you get is a burp [BSOD], uneasiness [system/app hang] and finally a visit to the bathroom [uninstalling one of 'em] :p

Reactions: jamescv7

Raul90

Level 14
Feb 5, 2012
It's like continuing to eat even when you're full. :D The best you get is a burp [BSOD], uneasiness [system/app hang] and finally a visit to the bathroom [uninstalling one of 'em] :p

Nice one there! I remember reading some history analysis that Romans of long ago ate drank to the fullest and then when they are full they would tickle their "what-you-call-that-clapper-thing" and wretch it all out. Eat, drink again. If you have more than enough licenses you wanna use you could end up like that :)

Reactions: jackuars

Kantry123

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Oct 20, 2014
The best way is keep either of Kaspersky Or ESET these both r for realtime protection not BOTH,
also keep a On-Demand scanners like Hitman Pro/MBAM(free)

the combination of both real time + ondemand scanners will give u enough protection for daily threats

running more than 1 security suits in relatime will show each other as viruses and technically they will erase each other causing system unastability,BSOD's and also massive slowdown's of Ur PC

In my case i prefer Kaspersky as its less on resources comapred to ESET and protection is similar for both the products
Hope u got an answer
Regards

mercurial

Level 6
Oct 3, 2012
In short it's an overkill, like @exterminator20 said one would not let the other install, and BSOD's are a possibility. If you have a shared pc, you can use Kaspersky on that, while you can use the Eset Suite on a laptop or some other device.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.