Advice Request Kaspersky Endpoint Security Custom Install Info needed

• Thread starter Deleted member 2913
  • Start date

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
I am trying out Kaspersky Endpoint Security on my Win 10 64 Home Edition laptop.

Kaspersky Endpoint Security 10 for Windows components installed on a workstation according to installation type: Basic, Standard, Full

On the webpage above plzz check the basic installation.

I am not going to install IM & Mail protection.

I can safely avoid "Kaspersky Security Center Connector" & "Vulnerability Monitor" too i.e not install it, right? Or it will affect protection?

In the Custom Install screenshot on the webpage below 2nd option is the "Kaspersky Security Center Connector" mentioned above, right?
Local installation of Kaspersky Endpoint Security 10 for Windows

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Logethica

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
@yesnoo : Why you will install Endpoint Security when you can try the home version of Kaspersky?

Anyway Kaspersky Security Center Connector is more related on the server connection which primarily use on business/enterprise to connect into single host. [seems technical on the word description] Link .

It will not affect the protection, same goes to Vulnerability Monitor since its just check for your installed application on latest version.

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
Kaspersky IS has quite a few stuffs. And I guess no custom install. And HTTPS scan that I dont like.

KES has custom install. Web protection without HTTPS scan. No toolbar, bloats, etc... And light compared to KIS. Some feature like Banking protection, etc... are not there in KES but all the core protection are there.

Just checking it out.

Thanxx for the info.

Tony Cole

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2014
I've tried the select version, it's the same as the home versions(s) just a terrible interface and v expensive. Only issue you really need a server to configure/use the Kaspersky security center (and the KSC) is very hard to configure. Plus it won't work on Windows 10, even though they stated it would by October 2015, still nothing.

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
KES is only for Pro/Enterprise or can be installed on Win 10 Home Edition too?

I installed KES with Custom Install on my laptop Win 10 64 Home under Shadow Defender. Installed fine without warning/errors.
Seems running fine. Only on threat detection I dont see alerts, any info?

Custom Install options are -
1. Program Kernel & Scan Tasks
2. Network Agent Connector
3. File Antivirus
4. Mail Antivirus
5. Web Antivirus
6. IM Antivirus
7. Network Attack Blocker
8. System Watcher
9. BadUSB Attack Prevention
10. Intrusion Prevention
11. Vulnerability Monitor
12. Application Startup Control
13. Device Control
14. Web Control
15. Encryption of Hard Drives
16. File Encryption

I only installed 1, 3, 5, 7, 8 & 10.
I want to install core protection minus end point features. I will be trying KES on this laptop only.

So are the installed features correct or am I missing any protection feature related to home users i.e minus business use features?

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
I have read all those.

Win 10 Home is not there in the system requirements. But if I install on my Win 10 64 Home & installer doesn't mention like OS not supported & installs fine. And I install only core protection minus business features, isn't it like Kaspersky home install & should run fine, right?

And I posted the custom install options in my previous post mentioning what I installed & what not so just wanted to know if any features I didn't installed are required for core protection/protection for home users or proper functioning of the product?

Tony Cole

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2014
Wow, when I last checked Kaspersky Endpoint didn't support Win 10 - re: 64bit they have "limitations" but we shall not go there. Application start-up and web control are good options. It's just a lot of money for x1 computer. You can use it on android, but need to install security centre, the reviews aren't that good.

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
Tony,

Application startup & Web control are control options like to manage system through web or create rules to allow/block applications, right?

If I want to use Kaspersky core protection like in Kas Home versions then no need to install app startup control, web control, network agent connector, right?

You mean reviews aren't good for KES protection?

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
@yesnoo: if You have installed Application Control, all is ok :)

But in KES10 there is no "Interactive Mode" as in home products... KES10 reviews in protection are fine, very similar or the same than KIS/KTS, but not so good in performance...

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
@yesnoo: if You have installed Application Control, all is ok :)

But in KES10 there is no "Interactive Mode" as in home products... KES10 reviews in protection are fine, very similar or the same than KIS/KTS, but not so good in performance...
I haven't installed Application Control. It seems business feature or advanced feature i.e needs allow/block rule creation. By default apps are allowed.

It gives 3 options to install. Basic, Standard & Custom. Basic installs core protection. Application Control is not installed with basic install. Standard installs core plus endpoint/business features.

With Basic install Application Priviledge is there i.e those low/medium/high restricted category.

I had installed Basic install & find it lighter compare to Home products.

Tony Cole

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2014
Have you brought a license yet? The business versions are over 10 computers and more, but they suggest 51+ users/computers etc., - kinda a lot of money for x 1 computer. I really hate the UI - but I was told (as my university used it) the UI businesses do not worry about. Actually £280 isn't bad.

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
Harlan,

KES 10 Windows doesn't scan HTTPS, right?

So does KES protect HTTPS website anyway i.e phishing/mal url, etc...?

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
Yes, KES10 does not has a setting "scan encrypted connections", but I think it monitors posts like 443, check setting for Network Ports...
On monitored ports 443 is there. What protection it provides here? Mal url/Phish too is blocked with this?

I can disable "Kaspersky Security Center" in Update Source, right?

And I can disable "Use Proxy Server" in Proxy Server Settings, right?

Do programs in Low/High, etc... Restricted gets automatically transferred to Trusted on the basis of whitelist, etc...?

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
On monitored ports 443 is there. What protection it provides here? Mal url/Phish too is blocked with this?
Check this link about Kaspersky Monitores ports setting, I think is also applicable to KES10.
Taken from KES10 Help:
Contains network ports that are normally used for transmission of email and network traffic. This list of network ports is included in the Kaspersky Endpoint Security package.

KES10 has Anti-Phishing settings integrated in its Web Anti-Virus module.

Yes...

Yes...

And yes (using KSN service)... :D

D

Deleted Member 333v73x

Thread author
If you do wish to use the Endpoint Protection, you could secure your whole family :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.