App Review Kaspersky Free Antivirus 2017 Review

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

Parsh

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Dec 27, 2016
Plain web filter test. New VXVault links as mentioned, quick blocking, 9/10 with a probably invalid entry missed - this (static test) result could be expected from Kaspersky. It has one of the best URL blocking DB.

Antimalware18

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jan 17, 2014
Plain web filter test. New VXVault links as mentioned, quick blocking, 9/10 with a probably invalid entry missed - this (static test) result could be expected from Kaspersky. It has one of the best URL blocking DB.

sooo....you liked the test and results and kaspersky did good or not?

for some reason I'm confused by your answer.

Parsh

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Dec 27, 2016
sooo....you liked the test and results and kaspersky did good or not?
for some reason I'm confused by your answer.
For a review, along with testing the web protection, I'd expected testing its static detection ratio on a malware pack too.
Anyways, that doesn't matter much just like the URL blocking. There are many tests already available.
Detections made by the File AV and the Web AV in both free and paid versions will be the same, except that for overall protection, the payloads/attack from the URLs not blocked will be tackled by the extra components of the paid versions. Hence, this test not statically significant.
Regarding the effectiveness, it was impressive as usual for Kaspersky and I agree with the reviewer that surfing is a bit faster than with BD. We should not talk about dynamic testing in case of K Free and you know the reason.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.