Not open for further replies.

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Kaspersky has released today it's 2013 product line.

attachment.php

Here is the changelog for Kaspersky Internet Security 2013

New! Safe Money adds even stronger security for online banking and shopping
New! Secure Keyboard protects the personal data you enter via your keyboard
System Watcher
Improved! Parental Control
Improved! New anti-spam module
Improved! Better anti-phishing protection
New! Automatic Exploit Prevention
Improved! Minimal impact on PC performance for a range of usage scenarios
Improved! Optimized antivirus databases
New! Reduced Battery Drain
Improved! Easy-to-use interface
Improved! Quick launch of Virtual Keyboard

You can find more details on Kaspersky Internet Security 2013 from the below link:
http://usa.kaspersky.com/products-services/home-computer-security/internet-security
You can download Kaspersky Internet Security 2013 from the below link:
http://usa.kaspersky.com/downloads

Attachments

• kasperskyinternetsecuriv.jpg
    kasperskyinternetsecuriv.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 560
P

Plexx

I am more interested in 2 features:
*Improved! Minimal impact on PC performance for a range of usage scenarios

*Improved! Optimized antivirus databases

Have you tried it yet Jack or will you try it?

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Biozfear said:
I am more interested in 2 features:
*Improved! Minimal impact on PC performance for a range of usage scenarios

*Improved! Optimized antivirus databases

Have you tried it yet Jack or will you try it?

Yes,it will be very interesting to see how Kaspersky managed the performance side in the 2013 product line... Tried a BETA build and was decent enough however NIS or ESS were light-er on my machine...
I did not try KIS 2013 Final yet... but I'm planing to install this build tomorrow!

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I want to try KIS 2013, might set-up some online banking first to get it for free.

P

Plexx

Over here in Spain depending on the banks it ranges from Norton, Panda, McAfee and on rare occasions ESET.
Kaspersky is not that popular nowadays over here.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Kaspersky is AV/suite I've been wanting to try, but have been put off by the negative feedback. The KSN looks interesting too, it's the cloud portion of Kaspersky, correct?

P

Plexx

Earth said:
Kaspersky is AV/suite I've been wanting to try, but have been put off by the negative feedback. The KSN looks interesting too, it's the cloud portion of Kaspersky, correct?

I don't think KSN is purely cloud. It does have an impact if I disconnect from the internet, but considering it takes nearly the same time as updating KIS/KAV from scratch, I believe they still install signatures/database.

If you do go for a test run on VM, please don't do it on VB. Specially Pure. At least is what I experienced several times to a stage where I gave up on doing Pure review. Umbra was put off by its update in "slow motion speed".

If I had to choose between Pure 2.0 and KIS 2012 and KAV 2012, my choice would be solely KAV 2012, but that is because of the needs that I require in a solution.

LoftedAphid86

Feb 24, 2011
Earth said:
Yes.
The UK site only seems to have the 2012 version available on it, so I can't upgrade directly from the Technical Preview. This wouldn't be a problem if I could use my product key on it, but only beta keys are accepted on the Technical Preview.

Viking

Level 26
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 2, 2011
I downloaded KIS 2013 two days ago, so far the only problem I have is the Safe Money feature. There might be a bug it it as it does not seem stable and consistent to use so I disabled the feature for now.

Ram usage seems about the same as KIS 2012

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Apr 17, 2011
Kaspersky Internet Security 2013

While browsing MalwareTips, Neowin in Internet Explorer.

IH5mS.png

No Internet Explorer open and machine idle for 15 mins.

dNNkx.png

About to throw 35 malicious links at it and a malware pack, That way there is a variety of new / a few days old threats. Default settings of course.

Plenty of Ransomware in the Malware Hub, Afterwards I'm going to custom configure different settings and see what it takes to get Ransomware past it.

I feel like experimenting. Thanks. :angel:

imsoadude

Level 3
Verified
Feb 21, 2011
Did you notice any slow downs while browsing? looks like the memory was getting pretty high while browsing. Otherwise idle looks like decent memory usage

muhammadariif

Aug 3, 2011
In my country Kaspersky are the most popular antivirus, it will be put at the front of computer store. Other antivirus such as Norton and Eset will be placed in glass shelves where hard to see and find :dodgy:

Viking

Level 26
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 2, 2011
Ram usage on idle is generally under 3 megs
While browsing its 6 megs

MrXidus

Apr 17, 2011
imsoadude said:
Did you notice any slow downs while browsing? looks like the memory was getting pretty high while browsing. Otherwise idle looks like decent memory usage

No, page loading seems normal.

Viking said:
Ram usage on idle is generally under 3 megs
While browsing its 6 megs

Really...? I would love if you could show me a screenshot of the usage for both processes. :)

imsoadude

Level 3
Verified
Feb 21, 2011
Thats good that it seems normal, i guess if the user doesnt have a lot of ram it could cause a slow down but in the present should be good

Viking

Level 26
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 2, 2011
I saved the taskbar image in Paint, but not sure how to post it on the forum

MrXidus

Apr 17, 2011
Viking said:
I saved the taskbar image in Paint, but not sure how to post it on the forum

Save the image as a .jpg or. png, Doesn't matter and upload to http://imgur.com then you'll get a link to the image. Paste the link here. :)

Viking

Level 26
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 2, 2011
Thank guys, hope this works

http://imgur.com/cxdDS on idle
http://imgur.com/q4HJT

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.